• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting images

Operating System: Windows XP Pro 2003, SP-2
    Burning Software: Alcohol 120% v1.9.2.1705,
    Anti-virus Software: Mcafee's Anti Virus 2005
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

When mounting an image that has a copy protection on it such as Starforce, is Daemon Tools the only one that supports them? The reason I ask is that I have the newest version of Alcohol 120% (1.9.2.1705) and it is currently the program I use to mount my images. I am new to these Daemon tools and am still sorting out the hows and the whys so please bear with my ignorance. I am just trying to keep things simplified. If I can use 1 program instead of 2 or 3 it just makes things simpler. I guess what I am really getting at is what does Daemon tools do that Alcohol 120% does not do? Doesn't A120% simulate copy protections too? Or does it only copy them from the disk to the image it makes?

Any clarification would be informative to me. Thanks for your time and insight. Sorry for the "noob" question. We were all noobs at some point. Just want to sort out and understand this better is all.
    AMD MP 2800+, 2 CPUs
    K7D master Series Mthrbrd
    2 Gig ECC DDR Ram
    Audigy 2+ Plat.
    GeForce FX 5600

If you have Alcohol you don't need to install Daemon Tools. They use same emulation engine.

Comment

Okay then next question. I am trying to mount and run my SuperPower 2 image. When I do I get the following error:

Protection System - Error

Insert the SuperPower 2 disc into another drive then press "Retry".

The CD works but not the image. As I understand it the SuperPower 2 disc 1 is protected by the Starforce protection method. Any idea how I can have the game see the virtual image as a physical disc? Or some method to make this work? The CD works just not the image.
      AMD MP 2800+, 2 CPUs
      K7D master Series Mthrbrd
      2 Gig ECC DDR Ram
      Audigy 2+ Plat.
      GeForce FX 5600

Comment

Working...
      X