Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having drive letter problems that happened after working success

Hello,

PLEASE NOTE: I am writing about games and programs that I ALREADY OWN, I'm not writing about stealing anytihing, or finding out how to steal anything. End of disclaimer, thanks!

I had backed up my copy of Sims2 DVD, and was using DTools 3.46 to emulate the DVD drive. I was doing this so that I could play it on my computer w/out a DVD drive. All was working well, till this morning. It all stopped working!

I'm not sure, but It may have something to do with my installing Nero this morning as well, or maybe ACID last night.

Here's what I know so far:

Every time I try to mount the image (a *.mds image), DTools says it's mounted, but when I goto check drive paramaters, it has a blank for drive letter, instead of "G" like it should have. I try to change this, but it will not work.

I have checked my device manager, and the "Generic DVD Rom" is functioning properly, and the drivers installed are: cdrom.sys, imapi.sys, PxHelp20.sys, redbook.sys, and storprop.dll

When I try unmounting everything, then disable the drives, restart, then enable one drive, then restart again, then finally try mounting, I get the same problem with DTools not keeping the Drive Letter I assign, then I goto try the Drive and it's not existant in my drive list in "My Computer"

I'm pretty much stuck here, and without my 'crack' addiction of Sims, I'm liable to go nuts!!!

Thanks for the help anyone who can.

stephenthebaker

Try to remove the filter drivers. Check thread about missing real drives in common problems and solutions forum.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thank you very much for the information. I removed the filters registry strings as the other topic instructed, and after a restart DTools seems to be working fine now.

One thing I'm still curious about is where the filter came from. Is there any to find out where the filter driver PxHelp20 would have come from? This was deffined in the registry as a Lower Filter.

Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

Working...
      X