Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No drive letter and no virtual drive appears??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No drive letter and no virtual drive appears??

Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP 2
    Burning Software: Nero 6 Ultra Edition
    Anti-virus Software: BitDefender 8 Professional Plus
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I have read your post about it in general problems but I still cant make it work. I have windows installed on my F drive so I wonder if thats the problem? I also dont understand what you mean with "Check in device manager if any drivers are installed for the virtual devices." How do I do that, where is the device manager? Then it says "click on install drivers and point to cdrom.inf supplied by OS (in hidden Windows\Inf folder)." What do you mean with install drivers where do I do that?

Right-click on My Computer desktop icon, click Hardware tab, click button Devicemanager -> there you go.
    Open CD/DVD drives hive, double click virtual devices, click driver tab, check driver details (button), and if the mentioned files are not installed, click install drivers button and point to cdrom.inf.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Operating System: XP SP 2
      Burning Software: nero - windows - itunes 4.7
      Anti-virus Software: norton
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

how can we get the cdron.inf file in windows/inf folder as it is an hidden one?

i can find it when do a research including hidden files in windows but the device manager cant find(or recognize it)

thanks in advance

Comment

If that's really a problem try to remove the "hidden" attribut via Explorer (checkbox in properties of inf folder).
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thanks a lot copytrooper
          it's exactly what I needed
          I think a lot of people have the same issue (refering to french forum) and it will solve this stupid problem
          thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X