• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me Appologise

Operating System: XP
    Burning Software: Sonic DVD, Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Antivir Guard
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I realy have to appologise as i can see this has been asked and you have even posted a sticky topic regarding it and i HAVE followed all the instructions there !

but i am still getting the error message, to make my self a little clearer (although sure you know the problem off the top off your head)

When i first tried to install i got ta shtdown and restart

when i went to restart the install it trys to continue from the previouse install and gives me the error message regarding "" Some Driver Has an invalid name or conflicts with an other file in the system. Please choose other driver names or make sure you have rebooted afetr removal of softwere using same name."

Sorry to ask this question but i cant get it to start the install fresh, i have deleted the reg keys as your have mentioned but still nothing!

Thanks for any help in advance!

Ben

Did you follow all steps, and did you reboot after the procedure before re-installation?
    Btw if it crashed during installation check if you've minidump related to that crash (in Windows\Minidump folder), if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Yea i am pretty sure!

I just went through them all again and yes i am sure

1. Open device manager (SCSI/RAID Controllers section) and delete SCSI controller with name corresponding with name of Daemon driver
      (miniport driver name). If you have problems doing it (eg. system crashes) then start from step 3 (skip steps 1 and 2).

I have had problems with this but not due to a crash but due to i dont see anything that says SCSI/RAID or anything similar but to be sure i went through all devices and did not see anything relevant to deamon

2. Open device manager (System devices section) and delete device with driver corresponding with Daemon driver (bus driver name). In current versions of Daemon Tools it is 'PnP BIOS Extension' but most likely it may change in next versions. Again, if you have some problems doing it, skip this step

I had NO PRoblems doing this

default v3.47 driver file names are d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys

Didnt find it previously as i didnt relise had to look in /drivers but now deleted and rebooted and went trough all steps again just to be 100 % and still nothing!

4. In WinNT/2000/XP/2003 open registry editor and check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es for entries with same names as Daemon driver files. Delete these keys.

This was done! Both the prt and bus folders where deleted!

THE ONLY thing i can think of is i didnt actually delte the driver corresponding with Daemon driver I instead right clicked and uninstalled! (this was previouse to comming to this forum)

Thanks again and sorry for the monotany !!

Ben

Comment

You've well known problem with Starforce drivers. Check thread about BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS in common problems and solutions forum.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X