• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirm how to play backup of image

Operating System: WinXP
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: McAfee
    DAEMON Tools Version: 347

Hi, first post, and I just want to confirm how to play a copy protected backup with emulation. I want to backup HALO but my reader/recorder is not good with the copy protection stuff and heard that DaemonTools does the emulation. Now, am I to just make an image of my game using Nero then mount the image with DaemonTools with protection emulation ON to play? because I made a regular copy of HALO and turned on protection emulation in DaemonTools but that didn't work. Does the protection emu only work with a mounted image?
    Thanks

I think I am correct;

Take image of Disc (if can), remove original disc, mount image, install game, enable protection emu with DaemonTools, play game.
    or if game is already installed, mount image, modify registry changing drive letter pointing from originally installed drive letter to new virtual drive letter. Hope it works

Can I change my HALO desktop shortcut to do a daemon tools command line optoion which will mount the image, enable emu then start the game?

Comment

I guess I could change my HALO shortcut target to read;
      "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033 -safedisc on' -mount 0,"c:\My Images\nameofimage.cue"

Then since the HALO cd automatically come up with its autorun Play option screen, I would just click Play

Comment

Working...
      X