Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to backup my "NFS Underground 2"

Hello all.

I have followed the directions as best i could and was only successful in creating an image that can run in Daemon's virtual drive.

but regardless of the prog i use to make a hard copy backup (blindwrite, alcohol 120 nero), the game freezez at the boot immage. (one with girl) and I have a ~e5.0001 and speed2.exe in task manager.
    my dvd drives (Aopen) or cd-rw drive (LG GCE-8525B) both freeze until i endtask speed2.exe or eject the cd.

I am not interested in using a virtual drive because i require a HardCopy for a backup incase my hdd ever fried.

system specs:
    Mobo: ECS 661FX-M V1.1
    2.41GHZ Celeron
    512 RAM PC2700
    120 Gig Sata Maxtor (6Y120MO)
    Radeon 9200se 128mb
    Onboard Sound
    CD-RW = LG GCE-8525B

Re: Failure to backup my "NFS Underground 2"

Use a file splitting program if necessary and backup your "image files" onto a cd-r/w, dvd-r/w, or dvd+r/w. You might as well copy the install program for Daemon-Tools, your save game files, and custom car profiles onto the disc too.

The preferred way is to create a perfectly working burned CD copy... But I thought I'd let you know there is an alternative.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Re: Failure to backup my "NFS Underground 2"

Originally Posted by Ohio813
      Use a file splitting program if necessary and backup your "image files" onto a cd-r/w,
      The preferred way is to create a perfectly working copy
      Thank you for the reply. I've been waiting for some time...
      I dont have or know of any file splitting progs that i could use, and i dont seem to be able to make a working copy using my GCE-8525B 52x32x52 CD burner.

Any ISO image i make can be used in Virtual drives regardless of the prog that make the v-drive or the ISO.

If i make a backup of my game using a file splitter wouldn't i still need a working CD to play, (to avoid freezing at startup image) if the origional ever got damaged?

I know that the illigal way using things to avoid a cd alltogerther would work but this is not in my interest or my intent. As i mentioned i would like to actually have a CD just like the Origional. especially at 60$ per game and since EA wouldn't be willing to replace a damaged CD. even with origional.(at least i dont think so).

Anywais if you can furthur elaborate for me it would be appreciated.

(do answer this but it seems i would only be able to do it illigaly or with a Virtual drive)

Comment

Still No progress. and no replies? am i the only one?

It has been a while, so im just wondering if anyone has been successfull in actually backing up their games? So far i have not. Sadly because of the lack of assistance here, my kids got a hold of the NFS play disk and used it as a dishplate. As for now im simply borrowing the CD from a friend untill i repurchase the game Someone mentioned something about a file splitting program? Is anyone able to post the keyword id use to search for filesplitting software? or even a name you could recommend? any information is apreciated and i would like to thank everyone of you in advance for your time and effort.

Comment

here is a link to winsplit, a german shareware-tool for splitting files.

Comment

Thank you!!! :o
            I guess i just needed to ask the right question. Well i will test it out and see, Not being my CD at this time i will wait till i re-purchase NFS U2. what a pitty. For now i will simply try some other CD's that really really need backing up incase my little bugers get into things again.

I truely hope this solution works. :|

Comment

Originally Posted by asdfjkl
              Any ISO image i make can be used in Virtual drives regardless of the prog that make the v-drive or the ISO.
              Wrong! I would uninstall any other virtual drives. Use the Daemon-Tools Virtual CD/DVD-ROM in version 3.47. And use Alcohol 120% to create the ISO image. Be certain that it creates a .MDS file too. Use that file to mount the CD. And then uninstall the game, then re-install it from the emulated drive and not the physical CD-ROM drive. You shouldn't use software anymore that cannot create .MDS files. I suggest you read through the tutorials on this website again (see 'DAEMON Tools Help' right underneath the 'Game Database' menu).
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
              X