• Show
Clear All

• Mounting an ISO Image using HTML?

Operating System: XP_Pro and Windows_2000
    Burning Software: DVDDecrypter
    Anti-virus Software: McAfee
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

One Comment and two questions:

First thanks to the developers of DAEMON TOOLS and the guys here that help others; I've learned a lot from your responses (specifically CopyTrooper).

When are you going to create a Pay-Pal account for contributions?

The real question:
    How can I mount an ISO image using HTML?I can mount an image using C++, VB or desktop links using command line parameters but I would like to mount a local ISO image using HTML from a web page running locally on my system. Using HTML, I can start DAEMON_TOOLS with a tag but I cannot successful pass command line arguments to DAEMON_TOOLS with that tag. Is there a simple tag that I can use to start DAEMON_TOOLS that passes a command line argument with the path to the image to mount that image ?

I'm sorry to say I'm a bit of an HTML idiot. What should my HTML tag look like?

If it helps my desktop link looks like this:
    "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0,"Z:Movies\ScarFace.ISO"

And my VB code (minus error handling) looks like this:
    Private Sub Command0_Click()

Dim stAppName As String

stAppName = "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe -mount 0," & Chr$(34) & " Z:Movies\ScarFace.ISO " & Chr$(34)

Call Shell(stAppName, 1)

Exit_Command0_Click:
    Exit Sub
    End Sub

The application is for a Video_On_Demand application I am creating for my DVD library. I have almost 300 DVDs (that I own legally) ripped to a multi-terabyte file server in the basement. I have a small mini-ITX system embedded in the living room that mounts the DVD images stored on the server (but mapped as a local drive Z), provides video to a Plasma display via a DB15 VGA connector and provides SPDIF audio to my sound system. Its all very sweet and with DAEMON_TOOLS works very cool. The final step is to link the HTML front end of the descriptive database and enable point and click movie playing from a menu that contains all details and cover artwork from all the movies. Currently I can automatically mount an image and have it start playing in full_screen mode with the click of the remote using C++, VB or a desktop icon but not using HTML. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Running commands from a web page

Operating System: XP Pro
    Burning Software: Nero 6
    Anti-virus Software: Norton 2003

Hi ChickenFLU,

I realize that it's been a week and you may have found an answer already elsewhere, but I came across this web site that looks like it may help solve your problem: http://www.whirlywiryweb.com/. The code examples on the 'Installation' page of the documents are fairly straightforward, showing how to call a dos command in an <a> tag - via their activex control.

I also have a large server (4.4Tb so far with 10 further empty drive bays - hoping 500Gb drives are out before I run out of space again :wink: ) and seem to have the same goal as you, though I haven't found a very satisfactory solution for playing the DVDs yet - so I would be interested to hear how well your eventual solution works - and what it is.

I really like the idea of launching the whole library off a web site. Really depends how seamless it can be made to work.[/url]

Comment

Share?

Operating System: XP Home
      Burning Software: Nero
      Anti-virus Software: Symantec Antivirus

I am attempting to do exactly what you are doing. I am really interested in seeing your HTML page. Is there a chance that I could get a copy of it?

Also, do you have a remote control set up? If so, what did you use?

Thanks,
      Steve Cody

Comment

Working...
      X