• Show
Clear All

• Crash with HyperThreading/Works without HT

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
    Burning Software: Nero 6.6 Reloaded
    Anti-virus Software: Kaspersky Antivirus Personal 5
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hello all,

I've just reinstalled my OS because I've had crashes everytimes I tried to enable HyperThreading in BIOS, so since I reinstalled it on monday with HT enabled, I didn't got any crash.
    This evening I decide myself to install DaemonTools 3.47, put the 1036.dll (french translation) in the lang subdirectory and reboot my computer.
    The system hasn't finished to load when I got a BSOD :
    STOP : 0x0000007E
    FDCANT.SYS - Address F7A342F1 base at F7A2E000, DateStamp 40371374
    (I've wrote this during previous crashes, today it was the same error but numbers were a little bit different)
    I reset my computer and before it ends the loading of startup processes, it crashed again, this time I've disabled the HT and reboot normally, I uninstall DaemonTools and reboot again re-enabling HT.
    Startup ends normally, I surf a bit on internet and a few minutes later my pc crashed again.
    Does D-Tools modify any sytem files and don't restore it after uninstalling ?
    I have 3 minidumps files I could send you if you want.
    Thanks for your work.

I have uninstalled another software that I've been using beofre without any problem and now it works, no crash since 2 hours
    I'll try to re-install DaemonTools tomorrow and I hope it will work.
    This software is Access Administrator Pro 3.9 and without Daemon Tools, it works well, but it seems that the 2 softwares are in conflict and I can't have both of them and HyperThreading enabled at the same time.

Comment

I've reinstalled DaemonTools 3.47 1 hour ago and my system is stable.
      Would you get a look why there is a problem with this software (Access Administrator Pro) ? I don't know which one of the two softwares is the source of the matter.

Comment

Working...
      X