Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crash on install & no uninstall option availible. Cannot reinstall, get error messages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash on install & no uninstall option availible. Cannot reinstall, get error messages.

Operating System: WinXPpro SP2
    Burning Software: n/a
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Well, I'm not sure what to do, so that's why I'm posting. The FAQ wasn't any help. Here's my problem:

I downloaded the latest version of the tools, tried to install it. Near the end of the install, it just instantly crashed my system. A complete restart.

After windows booted up, I tried running the software. Nothing.

Then I went into control pannel, thinking I could uninstal because obviously the install went bad somewhere. But it wasn't on the list, so I erased the directory that the program dumped itself into.

Tried installing again, it didn't even ask me where to install it, just came up with this error message: "Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file or service in system. Please choose other driver names or make sure you have rebooted after removal of sofware using same names."

I went to the FAQ on the site, tried to do the 'manual uninstall', but it didn't have any effect, the error keeps coming up.

I have a log of the failed install if requested.

Thanks in advance.

Update, tried installing an old version. It brought to my attention that the previous installation was in suspension, and so I opted to clear it out. So now I have it up and running.

I still wonder why it crashed the first time though.

Comment

Working...
    X