• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eject doesn't unmount

Operating System: XP SP2
    Burning Software: N/A
    Anti-virus Software: N/A
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I've just learned about DAEMON Tools and think it's great. I've searched the FAQ and the Forum but still have one question that maybe someone has an answer to.

Is there a way to make DAEMON Tools unmount an ISO when you use Windows to eject it from the virtual drive?

For example, I've noticed that when I right-click on my virtual drive and select Eject the ISO still shows mounted from within DAEMON Tools. :cry:

Thanks...

No, eject and unmount are two different things. If you eject a real drive the cd/dvd is still inserted, too. Unmount means to remove the cd.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

That makes sense except that unmounting does not remove the virtual drive because I'm still left with a drive letter assigned. It only seems to unmount the ISO image. I would expect the same behavior from Eject?

Comment

No, you got me wrong ...
        eject = open tray, media remains in tray :!:
        unmount = remove media,
        disconnect = remove/disable drive.

Comment

Gotcha. So eject is pretty much useless in this sense. It would be nice if there were an unmount-on-eject option. I'll post it under Suggestions. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Why do you want to use eject instead of unmount then?

Comment

I use DAEMON-Tools on my Media Center PC to play DVDs from ISO files on my server. Within the limited Media Center interface there is no way to perform an unmount but Microsoft does provide an eject option. Plus it just seems logical to me. I can't think of any reason why you would want to eject a "virtual" CD but not unmount it but I'm sure there are some that would prefer that. That's why I think a nice feature under the DAEMON-Tools Options would be a check for "unmount on eject".

Comment

Cause the virtual drive should be like a real drive - if you eject and load a real drive, the media remains in tray, and so does the virtual drive. This is also needed in some cases, the media is not recognized, thus you need to eject and reload. That's why eject and unmount are different.
                Moreover I don't understand why it's such a problem, if you've no unmount option in Media Center interface, you've for sure no mount option either, thus to mount another image you've to use mount option anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                  Cause the virtual drive should be like a real drive - if you eject and load a real drive, the media remains in tray, and so does the virtual drive. This is also needed in some cases, the media is not recognized, thus you need to eject and reload. That's why eject and unmount are different.
                  Moreover I don't understand why it's such a problem, if you've no unmount option in Media Center interface, you've for sure no mount option either, thus to mount another image you've to use mount option anyway.
                  I also use MCE2005 in combination with a plugin called "MyMovies". This plugin can automatically use daemon tools to mount an ISO, but as the previous poster says it cannot unmount it when i've finished watcing the DVD. Is there any chance of adding a feature to unmount on eject. I don't see what harm it can do if it's an option which is turned off by default, so Daemon Tools would work as it does now, except for us MCE users who need slightly different behaviour.

Thanks.

edit by admin: The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately. Please don't post your messages more than once.

Comment

Working...
                  X