• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to Install

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: nero
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

when I install it gets all the way to the install process then gives "this" error screen

any suggestions would be great

Nyktovus

Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum, reboot after the procedure, then re-install v3.47.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Operating System: XP Pro
      Burning Software: Nero 6
      Anti-virus Software: NOD32
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I'm a newbie here so please bear with me. I have the same error message comes up when I try to install 3.47. I have followed the instructions in the error 25002 thread to the letter.......three times with no success. When I try to install after doing all that the installer says it will continue with a previous installation, gets to the same point every time and gives me the message.

I have tried System Restore but it won't restore to any previous point so I am stuck with a half completed install that I can't get to complete.

If I search the registry I come up with keys that include d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys but I am hesitant to do any registry deletions as have previously trashed my whole OS by doing that (unless I get advice from someone who knows what they're doing..... )

Any ideas?

Comment

Update....I tried something I found in another thread. I installed 3.46 and it gave me the option to clean up the previous suspended install which I did. 3.46 installed no problem and then after the reboot I got an error message about not being able to find a virtual SCSI.

I uninstalled 3.46 and got the following error message:-

Device setup error. code 25058. Contact your support personel.

Then I tried to reinstall 3.46 and got a system crash/reboot at the same place I got it when I originally tried to install 3.47. After the reboot I installed 3.47 and got the "clean up previous suspended install" message, which I did. 3.47 installed but when I rebooted nothing happened when I clicked on the desktop shortcut so I went to Control Panel, clicked "Repair/Update Daemon Tools", it went through the install/repair process, rebooted and now it works fine (I haven't actually mounted an image but the program starts)

I'm happy but confused.....it only took me 3 hours to install.....

Comment

Working...
        X