Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checking for the presence of a cdrom

Hi,
    I have done quite a few ISO mounts with daemon tools that works great. Recently, I mounted a child's program called Microsoft Magic School Bus, Oceans Explore (or exploring oceans) but after I mounted the image, the program did not run. I got an error saying that the cd was not in the drive. What's funny is that it doesn't matter WHAT cd you put in, once there was a cd in the drive, the ISO works. Weird huh?
    I found out that it's part of a copy protection, primative as it may be.

Is there a way to fix this 'stupid' message/error.

I don't want to give my kids the cd to use, they will just ruin it in a day or too.
    Any ideas will be of great help.

Possible check of install path, stored in registry and/or ini file - so either change those, or re-install from mounted image.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I have tried to re-install several times..no joy.
      Actually, I don't believe it would be the install path instructions, cause I would guess it will look for a file, not just 'the presense' of any cd rom? I will still try to search the registry and/or ini to see if I find something.

Thanks

Comment

It's also possible that it works from the lowest drive letter only, so change the drive letter of the virtual cd-rom and check.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X