X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• troule shootings intalling version3.47

Operating System: XP pro(SP 2)
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: V3 (Korean software)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

At first I tried to install 3.43. Installation went about 90% and system was rebooted resulting noting. So I removed DT manually(deleting PnP bios extension, SCSI(d343controller), d343bus,sys, d343prt,sys and also deleted registered files associated with version 3.43. and d-tools folder in my program folder

For the second step I tried to install version 3.47 but same thing happened. The installation went about 90% and system was crashed. After self rebooting, I found working PnP extention bios, d347 SCSI controller and F: driver was made in my computer, also D-tools folder was created in my program files folder.

But no shortcut icon neither small icon in the right bottom of my screen was made.

So I removed version 3.47 manually again(because it was not shown in add/remove program list)

1. removed PnP extension bios. - it automatically removed d 347 SCSI controller)
    2. removed d347bus,sys and d347prt,sys from windows\system32\drivers
    3. deleted d347bus and d347prt folder from registeration edit.
    (H_key local machine\system\currentcontrolset\services)
    4. And I rebooted the computer.

--- I again tried installation but same thin happened

What can I do next?

In the FAG it is told to do
    6. Go to device manager - you may see some device with yellow mark.
    This is most likely Daemon device which cannot start because it's drivers are deleted. Delete this device from Device Manager.

I have 2 devices with yellow mark, it is
    1. windows network adaptor
    2. RAID controller under SCSI controller - this was released from gigabyte main board) - I had once removed this RAID controller but after rebooting my system automatically detected the RAID controller and required software for that....so I used CD which was packed with my board for installtion)

This two devices could make the problems I have? I thick it is nothing to do with Daemon tools....

any help will be appreciated...

Check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that crash, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Operating System: WinXP Pro SP2
      Burning Software: Nero 6
      Anti-virus Software: NOD32
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

That sounds like the problem I had. Read about it in this thread. When I got the crash I installed 3.46 and the option to clean up the suspended install came up. I clicked yes and 3.46 installed fine. Then I upgraded to 3.47.

Comment

Working...
      X