X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sim City 4 Unmounts Itself When Playing

I have just purchased Sim City 4 (UK if it makes any difference);
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    I have made a copy of it using Alcohol but it will not do DPM (fails at 96%);
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    it seems that it does not need it as blindwrite DPM shows a clean curve upto 96%.

However, upon running the game, it will exit out after about 10 mins. When i go and check Daemon, the program has unmounted the CD.

This is why the game crashes out.

The game plays correctly from the original CD.

Any Ideas?

There is some general information we need concerning the imaging process:

Which CDRW-drive are you using? Which settings in Alcohol? Which OS, which other software is installed? Do you know which copy protection the game is protected with?

sg
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Try and select lock-dll from the d-tools menu, then run simcity 4. Maybe this version of safedisc plays with daemon.dll?

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
        Try and select lock-dll from the d-tools menu, then run simcity 4. Maybe this version of safedisc plays with daemon.dll?
        That would be a rather bold trick.;-)

But image can also be automatically unmounted by driver because of hardware problems - when it no longer can access the image file or some image read error occurs.

Comment

I'm also having problems with Sim City 4. When using a copied CD (not a HD image) with all emulation options selected, the CD drive attempts access for a little while before it quits out with an error on two different computers. The original CD played fine.

The error reads: SIMCITY 4 caused an invalid page fault in
          module ~DF394B.TMP at 017f:1002aa4e.

The CD was created with CDRWin 3.8d (error ignore and burnproof enabled) from Win98 using a 12x4x32 Iomega CDRW drive from the original disc.

Comment

Please trying burning/imaging with alcohol 120%, using safedisc 2 profile.

Comment

Working...
            X