PDA

View Full Version : Sim City 4 Unmounts Itself When Playing

qwakrz
17.01.2003, 21:09
I have just purchased Sim City 4 (UK if it makes any difference);
INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
I have made a copy of it using Alcohol but it will not do DPM (fails at 96%);
INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
it seems that it does not need it as blindwrite DPM shows a clean curve upto 96%.

However, upon running the game, it will exit out after about 10 mins. When i go and check Daemon, the program has unmounted the CD.

This is why the game crashes out.

The game plays correctly from the original CD.

Any Ideas?

NetSoerfer
18.01.2003, 00:34
There is some general information we need concerning the imaging process:

Which CDRW-drive are you using? Which settings in Alcohol? Which OS, which other software is installed? Do you know which copy protection the game is protected with?

sg

Andareed
19.01.2003, 19:35
Try and select lock-dll from the d-tools menu, then run simcity 4. Maybe this version of safedisc plays with daemon.dll?

Development
20.01.2003, 04:22
Try and select lock-dll from the d-tools menu, then run simcity 4. Maybe this version of safedisc plays with daemon.dll?

That would be a rather bold trick.;-)

But image can also be automatically unmounted by driver because of hardware problems - when it no longer can access the image file or some image read error occurs.

Mylon
27.01.2003, 04:32
I'm also having problems with Sim City 4. When using a copied CD (not a HD image) with all emulation options selected, the CD drive attempts access for a little while before it quits out with an error on two different computers. The original CD played fine.

The error reads: SIMCITY 4 caused an invalid page fault in
module ~DF394B.TMP at 017f:1002aa4e.

The CD was created with CDRWin 3.8d (error ignore and burnproof enabled) from Win98 using a 12x4x32 Iomega CDRW drive from the original disc.

Andareed
27.01.2003, 05:06
Please trying burning/imaging with alcohol 120%, using safedisc 2 profile.