Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help

I have an IFO file I need to convert it to WMV, I went to virtual CD/DVD ROM, no media and clicked on mount image, the F drive folder is blank when I searched under ISO file type, instead I looked under all files double clicked on the video segment that I need. "It reads unable to mount image. Image unavailable"

I have a file type called IFO, InterVideo WinDVD. I need to get that data from the DVD onto my computer convert it into a WMV file and then onto a current working project in Windows Movie Maker.

Please assisst.

Thanks L

IFO is a DVD info file, you can't convert it to WMV! You must convert the VOB/MPEG2 files. I don't know if the Windows Media Encoder is able to do this.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Are you trying to say that Virtual Daemon software won't allow the DVD IFO file to be converted to WMV, I only just installed the software a couple of hours ago, and I am having a very hard time to use it and barely understand the basics, so please if you do reply to my plea, please tell me how I go about this please.

The IFO file will not show up at all, so have I wasted my time downloading this software please tell me I haven't as I really do need this conversion for my project. How do I go about this situation.

Please tell me in simple terms.

Comment

Well, I don't know what you want to convert. Maybe you mixed up IFO with ISO?
        IFO files on DVDs are just information for DVD players, the movie (i.e. movie, sound) is stored in the VOB/MPEG2 files. You must convert these files, not the IFO files.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I'm just going to uninstall and call it a loss, I've noticed some unexpected problems with internet explorer after installing this software yesterday.

The IFO is a DVD file and yes I needed to get that file onto the desktop or somewhere on my computer, and then I convert it without the computer coming up with an error every time I try to import it into windows movie maker.

Thanks

Comment

Please don't tell me that you got an .IFO file without .VOB's... :shock:

Comment

Working...
            X