Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two virtual drives after failed v3.33 install then successful 3.47 install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two virtual drives after failed v3.33 install then successful 3.47 install.

Operating System: Win XP Pro
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Systemworks 2004
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33 and 3.47

I tried installing Daemon tools 3.33 which was the installation file I had on my computer. The install caused a reboot and basically did not work. I then checked the website to find the new version 3.47. I installed it successfully after one unexpected system reboot. Now I have two virtual drives. I can get rid of one by selecting 'number of devices' as 'disable', but there is one that will not go away. I went to my device manager and see that there are two installed pnp bios extensions. One with a device driver 3.33 and one with 3.47. I tried to disable the 3.33 one and it causes a reboot. I tried to uninstall the 3.33 and it causes a reboot. Nothing is helping!! I tried to locate the d333bus.sys and d333prt.sys files, but they are not in windows\system32\drivers, just the d347 files are there. Any suggestions?

I have also tried booting into safe mode to remove the 3.33 pnp bios extension with no luck.

Un-install Daemon Tools, check these threads to remove leftovers from v3.33 - ensure you delete st3*.sys driver files in Windows\System32\Drivers directory:

check this thread to remove leftovers from v3.47:
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...pic.php?t=2287, reboot after the procedures.
    Check if you've minidump related to such crash (in Windows\Minidump folder), if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I removed the st3*.sys file and reset...everything is fine now. I was even able to remove the v3.33 pnp bios extension and the scsi adapter. Thanks!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X