• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Daemon Tools Makes Explorer Slow Traversing Folders

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
    Burning Software: Just DVD Decrypter
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

When I install Daemon Tools, and attempt to traverse folders on my hard drives it takes 1-2 seconds before proceeding into the next folder. Uninstalling Daemon Tools fixes the problem, bringing the speed of traversing folders to almost instant. It's a world of a difference, and I don't remember having this issue before with 3.46.

Just for fun, I tried Alchohol's drive emulation, and it does the same thing, to a lesser degree.

I've reloaded Windows and just put D-Tools on there (along with a backup HD of my folders) and experience the same thing.

Has anyone run into this problem, or know of a way to increase the performance of a system running a virtual drive?

I have the following setup if it helps:
    Windows XP SP2
    Intel D915PBL Motherboard
    Intel 3.4GHzE 800MHz FSB 1MB Cache PGA775 Processor
    Two Kingston 512MB DDR2-533 Modules in Dual Channel Configuration
    Running two Western Digital 120GB Serial ATA in a RAID 0 configuration using Intel's Matrix RAID
    Floppy Drive
    Acer Open 16x Dual Layer IDE Burner
    ATI X850 PE PCI-Express Video Card

Any help at all would be appreciated. I've searched the forum and found one other person with the same problem (apparently) but no one replied to him. Anyone with a rather extensively organized MP3 collection should try moving about in the folders with and without D-Tools to see what I'm talking about.

Thank you all so much!

Correction

It does it in version 3.46 as well. And it's about 3-4 seconds instead of 1-2 seconds. Sorry about that.

Comment

Update

D-Tools 3.44 and below do not suffer from this issue. I'll use 3.44. Anyone know of any code changes past 3.44 that would affect this?

Comment

Working...
      X