Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoo Tycoon & Expansion - Anyone able to create an image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoo Tycoon & Expansion - Anyone able to create an image?

Hi Folks,

I figured that it was finally time (since I'm reinstalling everything) to make some images of the few games that I actually play so I can take them with me (as images obviously) when I travel.

So I figured I'd start with something simple like Zoo Tycoon (Safedisc 1 according to Clonyxxl right?).

I'm using Alcohol 120 (trial - this is my first game imaging attempt) and it went for almost 24 hours for only 5% of the disc. So I tried the faastdump trick using DT and Alcohol for emulation. Still taking forever to get anywhere.

I just want to create an image, not burn a copy. I'm using Win200 Pro, SP4 - and that's the only thing installed on my laptop along with Alchohol 120 and DT - both downloaded within the past 7 days.

Any ideas on where I'm messing up?

Got it!

Yes, I realize that I'm responding to my own post (where I see lots of views but no responses...)

Anyway, I solved the problem. Apparently the DVD drive on my DELL laptop couldn't read the CD properly. So I scrounged another machine (Athalon 750, 256MB ram, Win2k SP4 and was able to burn an image.

The alcohol settings were: Safedisc 2, with bad sectors emulation, and with read subchannel data enabled.

Just played a game and sent my dinosaurs on a rampage.

Have fun folks.

JohnBear

Comment

Working...
    X