• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conflict with disc emulator software detected

Operating System: winxp
    Burning Software: nero
    Anti-virus Software: norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

i just used alcohol 120 to put sid meier's pirates onto my computer. when i mount it, it autoruns, but then when i choose "play" the message "conflict with disc emulator software detected. See www.securom.com/emulation for details" comes up. the game is in 2 media descriptor image files. any ideas?

If you have CloneCD installed try to disable it's Hide CD-R media function and tray.
    Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

If it's SecuROM check related threads about SecuROM blacklists in copyprotections forum (e.g. HalfLife2) .
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Having the same problem

Operating System: Win2k
        Burning Software: Alcohol 120%
        Anti-virus Software: latest f-prot DOS

Having the same problem with the same game.

Read through the long half-life thread and still trying to piece it all together. Looks like many hours of trial-and-error may be involved.

This sort of thing really makes me angry. I pay them big bucks for a game, I expect to be able to play it, and I expect the program to not do nasty things to my system, and in particular not to install malware on my machine without permission and then leave it there even after being uninstalled. It made me so angry I packed the game up and tried to return it, but apparently short of actually siccing a lawyer on them (more money than it's worth) it seems I'm stuck with this pile of crap.

So can anyone tell me simply how to make the bloody thing run?

And, on a side note, any suggestions as to how most effectively to convey to the publisher of this thing my intense displeasure with what they've done? It looks to me like it falls under several 'anti-hacking' statutes and should land whoever authorised it in prison for a few years, although I wont be holding my breath waiting for justice to be done. But at the very least, I've paid for the thing and cant get my money back so I'd like to at least get to play it.

Comment

This is bad

Operating System: Windows Xp Home Edition
          Burning Software: Alcohol 120%, BlindWrite
          Anti-virus Software: McAfee Security 2005

Hi evevrybody, i'm new here!

First of all, i want you to excuse me for my english, but i'm italian and i don't speak this language very well :p

Now i want to explain my problem: i have an image of the game Championship Manager 5, from Eidos, and i've mounted the image on the D-tool. The installation is ok, but when is finished and i click "play" the game gave me an error: "conflict with disc emulator software detected".
          So I decided to make a copy 1:1 of the image. I've burned two cd's (one copy with Alcohol 120% and one with BlindWrite) but when i insert the cd in the drive, the game gave me another type of error: "Invalid or unknown Cd".

I would like to know what i must do for play with Championship Manager 5, if it's possible.

Thanks for the answers and a lot of regards
          Joey

Comment

Working...
          X