• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked ISO file.

Operating System: XP SP1
    Burning Software: Nero 6.6
    Anti-virus Software: McAfee v9
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I mounted an ISO image but somewhere along the line it has got corrupted. The game (Sims2) ran for a bit then gave me a read failure error.

I un-mounted the image and went to delete it so that I could create another ISO image. This promtly gave me an error saying the the file was in use. I left it for an hour in cases the system had not released the hooks to the file and tried again with the same result. The only way I could delete the file was by rebooting the PC.

I'm not sure what was still using the ISO, it couldn't have been the game on it or there would have been an error when I unmounted the image. The only program that would have links to the ISO would have been DT.

Can someone look into this or could it have been a typical Windoze one-off error.
    My idea of an OS is one that Operates the System. Not every application ever written.

Daemon Tools does NOT lock any image, you can delete them even mounted.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
      Daemon Tools does NOT lock any image, you can delete them even mounted.
      I'm just jumping threads after searching for problems with locked files, so this error isn't exactly like the one I have. The problem for me is that Daemon Tools seems to lock/not release handles on any image files opened. In other words, in order to delete or move an image after it's been mounted I need to close Daemon Tools (just unmounting doesn't help at all). What's even worse is that the software tools I use (like Unlock IT) can't detect any locks on the files.
      As it only happens with image files mounted with Daemon Tools, and is solved by closing the program, it sure LOOKS like it's an Daemon-bug/issue.

Comment

Yes, new DT does not allow to delete file when mounted, but after unmount it is released and can be deleted.
        Maybe your problem is related to some antivirus or other tool.

Comment

Working...
        X