Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY PC reboot while innstaling DAEMON Tools....why ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY PC reboot while innstaling DAEMON Tools....why ?

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Ahead Nero Burning Rom 5
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2004
    DAEMON Tools Version: DAEMON Tools 3.47

Alright!
    About some weeks ago i innstaled SP2, but when i innstaled it i got an error, that it couldnt find atapy.sys...so i heard that this was maybe because daemon tools used that file, so i uninstaled daemon tools, and that didn't help.
    So i read on a forum that i must rename atapy.sys to atapy.bak....and that worked..
    So today i wanted to innstall daemon tools again.... but after some seconds while innstaling, my PC just reboot and the innstalation is not complete.
    I tried to reinnstal, but then i get Error 25002 and i followed the guide on Common Problems and Solutions to remove Daemon tools manually, and that worked...
    But now, i tried to innstal it again.....and the PC rebooted while innstalation again!
    So what is the problem here ?
    Has it something do to with the rename of atapy.sys ?

v3.47 shouldn't lock atapi.sys, so you installed SP2 while v3.46 was installed (or not completely un-installed)?
    Regarding the crash check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that crash, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Yes....
      i installed SP2 while 3.46 was not completely un-installed...
      Because i couldn't reboot after the un-installation because i was middle inn SP2 innstalation then....

I will send the report to the email :wink:

Thanks.

Edit: The dumpfile is send to support@daemon-tools.cc

Comment

You've well known problem with Starforce drivers :!:
        Check thread about BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS in common problems and solutions forum. :idea:

Comment

Okey!
          So you have checked the dumpfile, and this is the problem ?
          but i dont understand now, i dont have Starforce tools or program innstaled on my computer. (i think :oops: )

and in the topic "If you still get BSOD after update"

*BSOD = Blue Screen of Death, what is that ?

I didnt got a blue screen or something...

Comment

You probably need to disable the stupid "Automatically reboot" option to see the BSOD.
            In system properties -> advanced -> startup and recovery -> disable the "Automatically reboot" option.
            Your minidump shows the Starforce drivers and the crash is caused by them, so you've obviously some game installed protected by it.

Comment

Working...
            X