rome:total war cannot run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rome:total war cannot run

maybe I shouldn't have posted it in this forum, but I saw a lot of problems solved well here, so pardon me...
    I just updated this game to 1.2 patch, when I run it, there's always a warning window pops up say "a cd/dvd simulation detected..., pls disable it..." I do use daemon tool, but I never enable it when I play, even I uninstall daemon, that warning window still bothers me.
    I did check if daemon tool is uninstalled clearly, nothing suspicious, there's no any virtual drivers in my sys anymore..
    have no ideas, any suggestions?? :?

Disable CloneCD's Hide CD-R media function and tray.
    Daemon Tools does NOT cause the message, SafeDisc has no problem with Daemon Tools virtual devices.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Disable CloneCD's Hide CD-R media function and tray.
      Daemon Tools does NOT cause the message, SafeDisc has no problem with Daemon Tools virtual devices.
      I have cloneCD in my machine, but it is not enabled at the startup service, or do i have to uninstall it to solve the problem??

Comment

Originally Posted by wgan
        it is not enabled at the startup service
        Are you saying when your computer is finished booting up you do NOT see the Clone CD icon in your system tray near the clock?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

If you've an older CloneCD version installed try to un-install it.
          Regarding the Hide CD-R media function note that you MUST disable it, even if you end tray the function is still active!

Comment

Hey, I'm really sorry about posting this question, I feel really dumb, but I can't get my version of Rome Total War to work. I installed it using Daemon Tools in the F Drive. When I try to play it, it says please insert correct CD and try again. So, using Alcohol 120%, I burned the .CUE Image file of the first disk onto a new disk. When I place this one in the C Drive, it begins to load the game, but then when I click, 'Play Rome - Total War' it does the same thing, asks me to insert the correct CD. I have, but haven't used, the .BIN files as of yet, should I? And if so, how? I've been reading all the other forums before asking for help, but I don't seem to understand exactly what my problem is and how I can fix it. If someone could explain it step by step, I would really appreicate it, I'm new to this whole image buring/virtual drive thing. Thanks a lot.

Comment

downhill224: you'll need to create new images with Alcohol 120%. R:TW has a copy protection that cannot be duplicated with .bin/.cue files, but Alcohol 120% has a proprietary image format that is capable of duplicating most copy protection, so the game will think an original disc is inserted into the drive.

So, your .bin/.cue files lack the copy protection properties the game scans for on running. Creating new images is the only way to go.
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

well, crap. :x

first - I don't have clone cd on the comp. so I got nothig to disable here.

so the first time I though that since i made an ISO rather than the ALc 120 file, that caused some problem. so I gone did the alc120 image thing. TKed the image -- game runs great from the image.

so far so good I told myself. so I burned the image to cd using alc120 1.9.whatever trial version they have out now.

results: I have the splash screen then nothing. I get an error in Rome_TW.exe.

I'm about to throw this box off the roof. and it ain't mine
                The government!? Don\'t get me started on the government!

Comment

When burning with Alchohol, did you activate the Safedisc 2/3 profile??
                  Failure is the mother of success.

Comment

Originally Posted by rendariaka
                    When burning with Alchohol, did you activate the Safedisc 2/3 profile??
                    yeah, I did. right now I'm running it of the image, but the whole point was to be able to take the damn thing to work with me and not have to keep in on the desktop for all to see.

I'll try burning the copy again in Alc120, but I would rather not have to deal with installing Clone just to burn one copy of one disk.

any ideas as to what I can do to make sure the alc image burns properly?

Comment

Due to Safedisc 2/3 protection you need "appropriate" hardware.
                      But I don't understand the "not have to keep in on the desktop for all to see" issue? What do you need to keep on desktop?

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                        But I don't understand the "not have to keep in on the desktop for all to see" issue? What do you need to keep on desktop?
                        Sys Admin could at any point look in the computer and see what's there. And since this is a work comp - i.e. not for playing :lol: - I'd like to keep big files off the HD. I supose I can rename it / rename the directory as well, so maybe I'll do that. In any case, it would still be nice to know what the issue was. the burner is a TEAC 552G DVD / CD-RW.
                        cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X