Help with BACKING up Hitman....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with BACKING up Hitman....

I need help backing up hitman 2. I got a new liteon 48246 S burner yesterday. I have backed up all my other games perfectly. Is this game not burnable??? Please help if you can give me some info. Thank

Also............should i update my firmware for my burner.

Comment

Hitman is backed up by SecuROM v4.83.11.0026. Therefore, you will not be able to make a burnable copy. Of course, you can use the twin peaks method in blindwrite, although this may not work...

You could also try, which I recommend, downloading the latest alcohol 120%. Then burn the cd and make 'burn rmps info' is checked. Then, enable RMPS emulation in daemon-tools, and you will be able to play your game. You must have Daemon-Tools running with this emulation enabled though...

Hope this helps 8)

Comment

how do i use twin peaks in blindwrite and where is it

Comment

You'll need the latest version of Alcohol to use RMPS. Blindwrite's Twinpeaks method is weak, i.e. can (and eventually will, i think) be blacklisted somewhen in the near future.

I recommend you to download Alcohol 120% (http://www.alcohol-soft.com) and copy your disc with that software. It'll most certainly work.

Guides on how to use Alcohol can be found on http://forum.alcohol-software.com in the FAQ section - have a look at the RMPS Walkthrough, it's a step-by-step guide on how to read and write the CD with RMPS enabled.

hope this helps...

sG
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Thank You so much......when do you think it will be possible to burn 1:1 backups for securerom 4.x. thank you.

Comment

Well, a few of us were discussing it the other day. Basically, securom, and other protections, mess with the physical structure of the cd, and change the depth of pits and flats. Today's burners cannot physically do this. But maybe in a year or less (or more)
              burners will come out.

Comment

It would be very nice to have burners that can write black-cds(without spiral-track). I don't know if this will be possible. Actual burners reach the MAX speeds (52x is the max at all, 56x is very hard to reach).
                Will optical storage companies continue to develop CD-RW drives, adding the ability to write black-cds(without spiral-track)
                or will they stop developing CD-RW tecnology and start DVD-RW tecnology?

I hope the first chance

Comment

I don't think cd's are going away any time soon. DVD's did not 'take-off' as quickly as was anticipated.

Comment

DVD's did take-off, but obviously preferred in the Movie-Section

I think it's only a matter of time when more and more Publishers prefer to sold Games on DVD as costs for mastering / stamper rising and some new technology always offer new and better possibilities to protect (f.e. a dual layer dvd can't be copied to a dvd-/+r(w) 1:1)

What concerns the "black" cd-r's - to my knowledge it's not possible to burn such discs with common recorders, obviously they lose tracking, this isn't an easy task. Only very special hardware is able to write on discs without the pre-wobble (mastering laserbeamers) and I doubt that they will be ever available (too expensive, because special ic's and optic is needed - that's the reason why existing hardware relies on prestamped structure)

Yamaha's CRW-F1 is able to alter the speed (which is btw not a new invention by yamaha - it's been specified on ecma130 that writespeeds can be altered) and is atm the only writer able to do that, but ONLY for whole disc. It should however theoretically possible to "upgrade" other writers with a new firmware to do the same - no easy task, but theoretically possible. But to change the writespeed during frames/sectors is a much more difficult thing, again, I doubt we ever see such a hardware-based solution, but it's only guess. I personally don't count on new hardware able to backup physical structure of f.e. SecuromV4.x

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                      I personally don't count on new hardware able to backup physical structure of f.e. SecuromV4.x
                      I'm inclined to agree, particularly since it's unlikely that the special media on which securom is recorded probably will ever be made available publicly.

Regrettably, for the forseeable future, I think we'll be stuck with mimicry through twinpeak (at least until it the guard module is updated to detect twin sectors without causing problems with running the originals; hasn't happened yet but, no doubt will in the not too distant future)
                      some alternative but not yet developed method of imitating the physical structure, and emulation (which, no doubt, will also be blacklisted, just like alcohol's and dt's virtual drives, whenever possible).

Comment

But there already is a better alternative, RMPS... The major advantage is the emulation that happens between the drive and the copy protection module. So it is not the hardware (i.e. CDR) that will be blacklisted but the software (i.e. Alc/DT) which can easily be updated to pass the blacklist check...

'Course you have to update your progs regularly, but face it, you will not be able to make proper copies so you will always have to fiddle with software to make it work - so these blacklists are unavoidable. But still, better blacklisted software than hardware... Software updates are free, hardware updates ain't.

sG
                        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Nero Ultra

just an update for this older thread, i successfully burned a BU of Hitman w/ the new Nero Ultra (nero 6).

simply used the express method, and got a perf 1:1.

side note - also made a perf 1:1 Deus Ex GOTYE

Comment

Nero isn't able to catch up with the "hard" protections.

iirc, Deus EX isn't protected

Hitman 1 is protected by SafeDisk 2.05, which is obviuosly not a problem at all for most backup-utilities

Those Games are no real competition. Try one of the Games that are protected by more advanced protections

Comment

agreed...

hey LocutusofBorg, lol didn't realize DE was unprotected!!! when i burned w/ clone or old nero, i still needed a no-cd exe... useless in other words. same w/ hitman 1. useless copies.

i agree about the nero comment... i dunno if they will ever get their stuff together. LOL

as for a n00b to this forum, i have seen alot of success stories using alchohol 120.

i have been sold!!! clone and nero are just this day begining to collect dust on me HD... LOL as above mentioned about the 1:1's of deus and hitman just goes to prove what alchohol is capable of.

made a perf image w/ alchohol of GTA:VC and will next be trying ETMatrix. heh, now just to order that sweet liteon

or is there much betterї? (and for that price?!?!!... unbelievable!!! $64???).

thX for the line, LocutusofBorg.

peace

Comment

Working...
                              X