• Show
Clear All

• Wrong (or No) Volume Name / AutoPlay disabled

Operating System: Windows XP Professional
    Burning Software: Nero 0EM v6
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2004 Professional
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hello all,

I uninstalled DAEMON Tools v3.47 since I didn't require it anymore. The problem is, it completely screwed up my CD-ROM / DVD-ROM - the volume names of both are either wrong or completely missing, and the autoplay feeature (although it is enabled when I choose Properties... of each) does not function anymore. I've had the nice experience that reformatting the HD and reinstalling windows fixes the problem - but I cannot afford it this time.

Does anyone have any idea?? How do I resolve this issue??

Any help is appreciative.
    Thanks!
    TDF

Daemon Tools didn't screw up anything. You just need to enable auto insert notification (AIN), autoplay/-run is NOT needed, you can enable it, too, if you want/need it. Easiest way to do this is to install CloneCD and change related settings.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the input. CloneCD settings were at default - AutoPlay is enabled. However, it still hasn't solved my problem - autoplay is still unabled, and the volumes are wrong / don't show up when inserting a CD / DVD.

Comment

You need to enable AIN, autoplay won't work without it :!:
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Hey thanks, it works now. Should've seen it earlier, was right unter my nose!

Cheers,
          TDF

Comment

Working...
          X