• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Hangs

Operating System: XP SP2
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: latest

ok well i know that other people have proberly had this problem before so all im asking for is a direction to the link as i havnt found it in the search feature.

Today when i got home, i turned my computer on as normal and it just hung at the loading windows screen. so then i tried loading safe mode and it hulted for about 5 seconds saying "press escape to canle load of d346bus.sys" i did a google searh and found that this file is associated with daemon tools. i have been looking on google etc and i am getting conflicting ways to solve it, such as using windows to fix it etc, but since i cant get to this i beleive my only options are to repair or to re-fomat which isnt an option as i have stuf that i need for school etc... so basicly is a repair my only option? just to complecate it further i need to install sata drivers at the windows text section to get this install to reconize my hdd

This doesn't sound like a daemon-tools problem. Can you log your startup then paste or attach a link to bootlog.txt on your own webspace?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

i cant get into windows at all, hapens everytime

Comment

oops, I removed my last message. It asked: "how often does it occur when you start up windows?"

(this is for anyone trying to follow our conversation)
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

well i dont know how to log it from boot up thats all. i could try repairing but im not sure that would safely do it without destroying my work. i read about it on a site where it had similar problem except they could get into windows through safe mode

Comment

Re: Windows Hangs

read this microsoft.com article for info on how to create the log file.

It will be called Ntbtlog.txt or bootlog.txt and created in your windows folder
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

um i may be an idioy but if i cant get to windows and its NTFS then i didnt think i could acess the file

Comment

Enable boot logging, reboot at hang, then boot from Windows CD and start recovery console, log in (you need to enter Administrator password), then check that file/write it to 3.5" fdd so you can e.g. post it here, or link to it ot something.
                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

well im not sure if this is going to be helpful or not, but i am on a network, so is ther any way of just recovering what i need and formatting

Comment

Working...
                  X