Problem with Zero Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Zero Hour

Since the game was published, I ran it with Daemon Tools (v3.44) on Windows 2000. Because of problems with cloning software, I had to reinstall my system and decided to go with XP because of a few minor reasons.
    However, the very same image which worked on 2000 refused to work on XP (DT v3.47), with or without emulation - the game (patched with the same patch as on 2000) simply asks for correct CD-ROM. It does run from the original CD. I've tried to make another image, using different programs and drives - without success.

Any suggestions or link to a no-cd patch?
    Apart from the practical side, I'm also interested to know why this is happening.

Thanks.

Discussions about third party patches are not wanted here, please keep the discussion on copying discs.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by Sergei.Gradski
      Discussions about third party patches are not wanted here, please keep the discussion on copying discs.
      Well, I'm looking for any suggestion on why DT is not working on XP as it did on W2k. So far, nothing. I'm really sorry if you were offended because I also happened to mention a patch, not really what I want, but hey...

Comment

I can assure you, it WILL work from XP as well as from 2000, obviously
        you have some software installed that this protection dislike, f.e.
        CloneCD, just to name one here.

Make also sure you installed the game from the vdrives also!

What concerns the no-cd-request: Sergei is right. I suggest you to
        read our board-rules

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
          I can assure you, it WILL work from XP as well as from 2000, obviously
          you have some software installed that this protection dislike, f.e.
          CloneCD, just to name one here.
          Yes, I'm aware that it ought to work.
          No, there is no CCD or anything similar - on W2k it will work both when CCD is installed or not, BTW. There is little difference between software installed, JFTR, XP has only fewer things.

Make also sure you installed the game from the vdrives also!
          Did that too, during my attempts to make it work. On W2k it worked no matter where I installed the game from.

What concerns the no-cd-request: Sergei is right. I suggest you to
          read our board-rules
          I don't know why you are all coming down on something which was obviously just a remark, not the purpose of the message, i.e. to find why my image doesn't work under another OS.

Thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately the situation remains unchanged.

Comment

I own Zero Hour, and I used Alchohol 120% with safedisc turned on to make my image. Then, I mounted it on Daemon Tools and turned on safedisc emulation and it worked fine.
            Failure is the mother of success.

Comment

Working...
            X