PDA

View Full Version : XP Reboot on Install

joephus
06.03.2005, 19:59
Operating System: WIN XP Pro SP2
Burning Software: None
Anti-virus Software: Anti-virus is fer sissies...mwuhahaha!
DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I am radnomly rebooting towards the end of the 3.47 D-tools install. This of course gives me the "No Language File" error when I try to run d-tools. I'll send the dump to your support address, but thought I would give a heads up first on the forums.

Thanks,
Joe

Copytrooper
06.03.2005, 20:23
Don't forget the reference to this thread. ;)

joephus
06.03.2005, 20:55
rgr... the dumps have been sent. Just for some additional information. After doing the install I'm not even getting an entry for d-tools in add remove programs so after the install I'm having to remove everything manually. I followed the instructions to remove the drivers, but then searched for any files that changed when I did the install. So I manually deleted the d-tools dll in my sys directory and tried to reinstall. I still get the reboot durring the middle of the install but now the d-tools icon is just a ms exe icon and it only launches a DOS window when I launch it.. go figure. Don't know if that helps at all.

Thanks again,
Joe

Copytrooper
06.03.2005, 22:01
You've well known problem with Starforce drivers. Check thread about BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS in common problems and solutions forum.

joephus
06.03.2005, 23:08
Yup that was it. Thanks abunch.