• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVP Baseball 2005

Operating System: XP Hom
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: McAfee
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I was able to install the game alright, but when I went to play it, the cd was not recognized what can I do?

which program was used to create the image? which settings?

Comment

MVP 2005

Operating System: Win XP
      Burning Software: Win Media Player
      Anti-virus Software: McAfee

When I play MVP 2005 the graphic detail option is on the lowest setting and can not be changed. I believe that my video card is not being detected, can it be that the DAEMON Tools drive is the case for this? My other cd drives are reading the card and I am able to get high detail graphics on other games.

I have a 64mb NVIDIA GeForce MX4

Thanks

Comment

Operating System: XP
        Burning Software: clonecd
        Anti-virus Software: norton

did you ever get an answer to this?

Comment

vignatius: your graphics card is a piece of crap, that's why you can't enable better quality. Your GF4MX is really just a cheaper version of the GF2 and just can't handle it. I recommend at least an Ati X700 or a GF 6600GT to play modern games. For highest quality an Ati X800 XL is IMHO a very good value for money.
          Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

mvp 2005

hey vignatius, I am about to make your day....maybe month. hopefully this works. you might not need to buy another card

ok. mvp2005 is based on a different graphics engine than mvp2004. your card just doesnt have the functions needed to get the player detail. But there is a program that emulated that function and most of the time I have seen it work.

go to:
            http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/emutnl.htm. install version 2.6

2. Load program and look for Misc on the right side and where it says "countdown for disable rendering/disable state swiches in seconds" input the number 0.

3. look at the bottom left where it asks for id's . put in the respective id's of the card you want to emulate. in your case the ti4600 might work. but there is another nvidia card selection if needed

4. Fill out the upper left section where it has the 4 steps making sure you include the mvp2005 executable where it belongs. dont worry about the dll part. if you want you can save the batch file where it is indicated at the botom. Load program through 3D-Analyze (clicking step 4 for RUN) and you should now have player detail High Avaliable!!!!!

Let me know how it works out.

Comment

Same problem here

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
              Burning Software: Nero
              Anti-virus Software: AVG Antivirus 7.0

I have the same problem, but its a bit different. I had installed this game on my older computer(1 ghz), and the cd was recognized as long as the image was mounted(3.46 version). No problems at all. That computer messed up, some problem with the motherboard and its finished.I bought this new computer 1.5ghz, and i installed the game, but it keeps asking me for the cd. Even though the image is mounted. I have tried everything i can, used alcohol 120% and it doesn't give any error about blacklisting, it gives the cannot find cd error. I am not sure whats different, I went back to the 3.47 version of daemon tools but still same problem. Please i need help. Thanks!
              Last edited by Blazkowicz; 08.04.2009, 15:48.

Comment

can't get this to load still

i have been using other methods to play this game but i really want to run this with the cd (for updates), or at least daemon tools. i have found 2 mini-images but neither work, one says "too big to load into memory" the other looks as if it starts to load but gives me the "cd/dvd emulation is detected" error which it does even when trying to load from the disc. if i run it from the cd, i only have daemon tools and nero installed, both Dt emulation and Nero image drive are disabled and i still get the error, seems like EA did something funny in 2005 to the copy protection scheme, i can run tiger 06 perfectly, with daemon or the cd so it's only 2005 Ea games.

Comment

Working...
                X