• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with uninstalling

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero, Acoustica
    Anti-virus Software: Nortin
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

ok well this little icon of a disc keeps loading and it cause my computer to skip when it loads thus locking it up...its from the virtual rom that i installed i read all the posts/forums on here and did every step and check 100times on my registy and computer for any known files as the ones mentioned and yet it is still here..ill post anything ya need to help me get rid of this
    thanks(in advance)

awww guys and gals come on i really need help on this one its very annoying....

Comment

i hope triple postign isn't against the rules here, but is there a reason no one has helped me at all yet if you want me to post more information just ask, i really just want this problem to end and you'll never here from me again. :wink:

Comment

Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum. Follow all steps and be sure to reboot after the procedure. Note that un-installation should usually be done via control panel -> software.
        If you've leftovers of previous Daemon Tools installation (<3.44) also check threads about setup failing to un-install old version, and about remaining drives after un-installation. Don't forget to reboot here, too.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

i did everything on error 25002 forums and rebooted as asked and still the virtual drive loads every few mins....i checked almost all the forums and i re-scanned my registry and computer for any type of file names that were mentioned on the forums and i found nothing, i also rebooted into safe mode and re scanned everything and found nothing....im very puzzled here... :x

Comment

Then you didn't all steps mentioned there.
            But lets do it the other way around: What's on your system then? I.e. in device manager -> CD/DVD-ROM section, SCSI/RAID-Controller section, System devices section?

Comment

CD/DVD ROM:
              _NEC CD-RW NR-9100A
              SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616T
              - i don't have a SCSI/RAID Controller Section...
              System Devices:
              ACPI Fixed Feature Button
              ACPI Power Button
              Direct memory access controller
              Intel(R) 8280 1DB LPC Interface Controller - 24C0
              Intel(R) 8280 1DB PCI Bridge - 244E
              Intel(R) 8280 1DB/DBM SMBus Controller - 24C3
              Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Processor to AGp Controller - 2561
              Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Processor to I/O Contorller - 2560
              ISAPNP Read Data Port
              Microcode Update Device
              Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
              Numeric Data Processor
              PCI BUs
              Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator
              Programmable interrupt contoller
              System board
              System board
              System CMOS/real time clock
              System Speaker
              System timer

Comment

So there's no virtual drive, no controller and no PnP BIOS extension - so what's the problem then?

Comment

the problem is some how i don't know how...but the virtual drive is still loading...because every few minutes my mouse cursor has a little CD icon(loading a disc)...and its trying to load something thats not there so it freezes my computer for a minute...i have no clue what to do but its driving me insane!

Comment

should i try re-installing and then uninstalling it again?

Comment

Such behavior has nothing to do with Daemon Tools. You should check task manager which process takes 100% cpu usage.

Comment

the only thing that took close to 100pct was System Idle Process

Comment

i was just searching threw some things in my computer and came across this Nero Image Drive, i just recently uninstalled Nero...and im wondering what this is and why its on my pc?

Comment

Working...
                          X