• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error deleting d347prt driver

Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 2
    Burning Software: Sonic RecordNow!
    Anti-virus Software: Norton 9.05.15
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hello, I had a blue screen error when installing daemon tools 3.47 the first time (dont know why) so now i am trying to uninstall the drivers according to your points on how to do this in the problem/solution forum. First I would just like to ask what is the device manager? And how do I open this? I just started from Step 3 i think it was and deleted the drivers in the system32 folder and now im in reg edit trying to delete them. now the problem, everytime i click on the d347prt driver, it says there is an error deleting it, the other one deleted just fine. i looked in the forum and couldnt see anything related to this sorry if its been posted...

Run devmgmt.msc to get into device manager.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thanks for that. do u know why it did the blue screen error?

Comment

Ok i actually just read a thread about getting a blue screen, "problem caused by SCSIPORT.SYS" So its about starforce drivers? What are they and how do i update or uninstall them, like what program/folder do i need to open? thanks

Comment

Check if you've minidump related to that crash (in Windows\Minidump folder), if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thanks a bunch, it works now
            it was all the starforce drivers..dont even know what they are!

:mrgreen:
            thanks

Comment

Working...
            X