Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Th Sims 2: University

Hi!
    This is the first time I tried making a backup of a CD, so I'm not sure if I screwed up or not.

I used Alcohol to make an image, and then burned it with the Safedisc 2/3 profile. When I tried to use it, it tells me that I have the wrong CD inserted.

So, I tried using Daemon tools and enabled Safedisc emulation.
    First, I tried the CD again, and the game crashed before it even started.
    Then I tried mounting the image I made and the same thing happened.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Game Title: The Sims 2 University EXPANSION PACK
    Game Version: 1.1.0.230
    Developer: Maxis
    Publisher: EA Games
    Region of Origin: US Retail
    CD(s): 2CD

Copy Protection: SafeDisc 4.00.001 ONLY CD1 protected,
    CD2 no protection

It may be that Daemon Tools cannot support Safedisc 4, but I dont know since I dont have a Safedisc protected game. You say that you are using the Safedisc 2/3 profile with Alchohol but that may not work with Safedisc 4 games. Again, I do not own any Safedisc 4 games so I cannot check. Which CD did you make a backup out of? Was it Cd 1 or 2?
    Failure is the mother of success.

Comment

i cant start my sims 2 uni! sobs, i click on autoplay and an error msg comes up saying pls ensure the sims 2 uni disk is in the drive click ok and restart application. Why like that? sobs
      and i cant mount the image.

Comment

Why can't you mount the image, what do you mean by that? Are you using the DAEMON Tools tray icon to select a virtual drive and then choosing the 'mount image' option?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

yes after i click the mount image option, a select new image window pops up! then i dunno which one 2 select!

Comment

Select the *mds file of the image from the game, then you will have a Virtually made CD Drive and this should work, otherwise you didnt have a proper made image, grab a proper *mds file from copybase.ch.
            You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Working...
            X