Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 25001, code 25021 when installing DT 3.29 on Win98SE

I'm trying to install 3.29.0.0 on Win98, and I'm getting the following:

"Error 25001. Device setup error: code 25021. Contact your support personnel."

I've tried re-installing a couple of times - no luck. The first time it happened, I just ignored the message, but upon the next boot, Windows claimed to have found an unknown device, for which it couldn't locate/recognise any driver.

System info: Win98SE 4.10.2222 A.
    Daemon Tools 3.29
    CloneCD 4.2.0.2 - no other burning software installed

It runs fine under Win2k on the same box, by the way.

Delete all unknown devices in Device Manager, go to WINDOWS\INF folder
    and delete drvidx.bin file. Then try to run setup again.

Comment

Tried it, same results.....

What does the code actually mean?

Comment

It means Windows cannot find the driver in INF file or some other error in SETUPAPI occured. When you install Daemon - do you see the message 'Windows is rebuilding driver list' with progress bar or something of that sort?.

Comment

No, I don't get that far. I get as far as the "Installing DAEMON Tools" window, with the "DAEMON Tools is being installed" line, plus a full progress bar. It then takes about 15 seconds for the error message to pop up. When clicking OK, the roll back is performed.

Arjan H

Comment

Before clicking ok (before rollback);
            can you goto device manager and see if you see ST??? under scsi or PNP Bios Extension under system.

Comment

Hi everyboby!

Got exactly same problem with 3.29 under win98..

Comment

I've only got "Virtual CloneDrive" under SCSI controllers, and I've got "PnP BIOS" and "System board extension for PnP BIOS" under system. I Also have an "Unknown Device" there.

Arjan H

Comment

@arjanh:
                  Can you try the following:

1) Right-click this unknown device, and report error code. If it wants drivers, try reinstall/update drivers, and maybe even point to C:\windows\inf.

2) Remove this device, reboot, and check device manager again.

Venom might have some more ideas too...

Comment

ive got the same problem but i use xp ive gone though the other sulutions and none of them match is it any different for xp

Comment

Working...
                    X