Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error uninstalling Daemon Tools 3.26

Hi,

I tried uninstalling daemon 3.26. But the uninstall failed. Daemon tools were removed but the virtual scsc drive is still there. I searched the forum and found how the scsi daemon device can be manually removed. But when I try to do this I get always a bluescreen which tells me a problem with the cdfs-driver.

Since then I can't install alcohol retail version and new daemon tools.

Any help will be appreciated.

Daemon tools v3.26
    Burning Software: nero 5.5, Feurio 1.65, cloneCD 4.1.x.x
    Easy CD creator is not installed
    :roll:

In this case you can remove relevent driver files from system and reboot.

Comment

Hi Venom,

thank you for your fast reply. Can you please tell me the name for this driver and where it is located (I think in \winnt\system32 or \winnt\system32\drivers) ?

Thanks in advance
      Alex

Comment

Name of driver depends on version - you can find it in device manager.

Comment

Hi Venom,

thanks for your response ! I found the name, renamed the file rebootet my system and the virtual daemon device was removed.

Thanks so far. Tomorrow I'll make an image of my system before installing the new daemon version (and my alcohol retail version). I'll post my results.

Greetings
          Alex
          :P

Comment

Hi Venom,

I successfully uninstalled the Daemon Tools 3.26 on my Win2000 by deleteing the SCSI-driver manually. Today I tried to install the new version 3.29. But I got a bsod which teold me that something is wrong with the cdfs.sys - driver. I encountered the same problem when I tried to install my newest Alcohol retail version on Win2000. But on the same PC the installation of Daemon and Alcohol works well on my second OS (Win 98 SE).

Perhaps there is any suggestion or solution ? Thanks in advance: Beside that: Alcohol and Daemon Tools are excellent.

But few days ago I encountered a new protection: Ring Protech. It can't be backuped, emulated or running in a virtual drive at the moment. I found it on Haegemonia. Is this protection known ? And are you working on it ?

Thanks in advance
            Alex

Comment

Can you please send me minidump of your memory after you get BSOD? -I'd like to look at the list of drivers you have installed.
              Ring Protech is already analyzed - it will be supported soon after Alcohol will make proper images.

Comment

Hi Venom,

good news about Ring Protech. I'm working for 20 years now as system programmer and so I can imagine how much time and power it will cost to examine this and find a solution.

One question about the minidump: how can I save the bsod - screen on Win2000, and if yes, how can I do this ?

Thanks in advance
                Alex

Comment

Working...
                X