Disc Dump Super Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Dump Super Slow

Last year I made copies of three of my CD's using DDump. From what I remember they took less than 30 minutes each.

I have been struggling here lately, trying to make copies of a few more and it is just so much slower. I'm talking 30 minutes to get through 10 sectors out of 300,000! Something is not right.

The damn thing runs (reads/copies a sector), then it sits (CD spins down/no cpu usage), then it runs (reads/copies a sector), then it sits (CD spins down/no cpu usage), then it runs(reads/copies a sector), then it sits (CD spins down/no cpu usage).......

note: It will complete in 30 minutes if I use No Error Correction, but the image won't load into Daemon.

Hammer

Those "bad sectors" are just part of the protection used - just wait and it will copy fine (they appear only in the beginning of the CD) or use Daemon's "fastdump" feature.
    Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

I let it run while I was at work today. It appears that it finished in just over an hour. Mounts fine in Daemon now.

Hammer

Comment

Working...
      X