• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demon Tools & Network storage device issue

Operating System: Win XP Pro 32 Bit
    Burning Software: Nero 6.6
    Anti-virus Software: Norton 2005
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I purchased a device called a Netdisk (http://www.ximeta.com) which is basically a network storage device. The idea being that the CD Images could be located on this disk and accessed from either computer.

The problem I am about to describe happed with daemon tools 3.46 & 3.47 and Alcohol 120% V1.9.2.1705, however the alcohol team were able to provide a fix (Took about 2 days from the date I submitted the mini dump crash report Windows created) and the new version that Alcohol has recently released appears to include this fix (but not 100% certain).

Basically if both computers had read\write access to the netdisk, when the 2nd computer attempted to mount an image from the netdisk the 2nd computer would reboot. This happed regardless if the same or 2 separate images were mounted from the netdisk.

If I provided you with the Windows XP Pro crash mini dump file could you have a look at this?

Alcohol driver was fixed by me anyway.
    We did not provide fix for DT as there was no demand - it will be fixed in next version already.

Comment

Thanks

Hi,
      I did not know the same developers worked on both Alcohol & Demon tools.

Thanks for fixing this so quickly in Alcohol, I never known a company to offer such exceptional support and feedback.

I glad to hear it will be included in the next version as I intend to update my OS to Win XP Pro 64 (As Microsoft will apparently offer a free upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit for users with a legal copy) and I read the 64 bit of demon tools is work in progress.

Comment

Netdisk compatibility with V4

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
        Alcohol driver was fixed by me anyway.
        We did not provide fix for DT as there was no demand - it will be fixed in next version already.
        Hi,
        As V4 is expected to be release soon, I would be happy to Beta test the new version running the images from the Netdisk (http://www.ximeta.com)
        Last edited by Buzz1; 29.10.2005, 11:34.

Comment

Working...
        X