can't see virtual drives or use them anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't see virtual drives or use them anymore

Operating System: Pentium 4 2.67 Ghz, 512 mb of ram, about 55 gig hard drive, geforce 4 mx440 64 mb graphics card,
    Burning Software: windows media, clonecd, nero 6 demo
    Anti-virus Software: norton antivirus 2003
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hi I used to use Daemon tools and it worked fine for me. I had to reformat and ever since I have not been able to get daemon to run things.
    I have tried alot of things, I think I have even posted in daemon tools forums before. I have tried alcohol 120% and it works no better than daemon.

Ok so here is the problem from what I can see. I have daemon tools 3.47. I can run it, but when I try and mount image it just says please wait as if it was going to open the cd image, but it just does nothing. I looked in my device manager and the 4 virtual drives are under my cd/dvd drive area. I can't see daemon tools when I open my computer like I used to. I have tried to put the virtual drives under a different drive letter, but they still don't work. I can see about half of the drve letters normally and the rest have a question mark next to them.

I don't know what I have done, but I know that daemon tools used to work on this computer, so it should still work! Please help me fix this problem. :|

Check in device manager which drivers are installed for the virtual devices. There should be cdrom.sys. storprop.dll and redbook.sys. Maybe they're missing or there're additional filter drives causing the problem.
    Btw the Operation System is NOT intended to post your hardware configuration, but your Windows version! :wink:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I couldn't find cdrom.sys. storprop.dll and redbook.sys. Do you know how I can either get these or disable some filters?
      Oops wrong operating system info. :oops:

Comment

So there're no drivers installed for the virtual devices? Then click install drivers and point to cdrom.inf in (hidden) Windows\Inf folder.

Comment

Alright well I did what you said, but it still couldn't find any updates for the driver.

Comment

Not update, install - if update is available only, there are already some drivers installed, check which (details).

Comment

It has ElbyCDFL.sys
              MxlW2k.sys
              pfc.sys
              There aren't any updates, and the inf folder that I specified earlier wouldn't install what I wanted.

Comment

Originally Posted by doctorworm
                It has ElbyCDFL.sys
                MxlW2k.sys
                pfc.sys
                There aren't any updates, and the inf folder that I specified earlier wouldn't install what I wanted.

Comment

Those are not the needed drivers. Check thread about missing real drives in common problems and solutions forum to remove the problematic filter drivers. Do NOT delete them without correcting registry (mentioned in that thread, too)!

Comment

I'm scared to touch my windows registry and stuff. I think I would mess it up. :lol:
                    Do you think you could help me through remote access or something? I have windows messenger. Thanks for all your trouble man.

Comment

The same happens to me!! BUT...

Hi, I have the same problem that doctorworm has!! Only I have the 3 drivers OK (cdrom.sys. storprop.dll and redbook.sys.) in C:\WINDOWS\system32. So my problem maybe is another one?? This is what happend to me:"I have daemon tools 3.47. I can run it, but when I try and mount image it just says please wait as if it was going to open the cd image, but it just does nothing. I looked in my device manager and the 2 virtual drives are under my cd/dvd drive area. I can't see daemon tools when I open my computer like I used to. I have tried to put the virtual drives under a different drive letter, but they still don't work. I can see about half of the drive letters normally and the rest have a question mark next to them. They put: "Device 0: [ ] No media" and Device 1: [ ] No media". I uninstall and re install my daemon but I don't know WHY my drives F and G are not any more in my computer.
                      Please help me when you can, I don't know much about computers but I'm learning and I use it a lot. And forgive me for my bad english... Thank a lot.

Comment

The mentioned drivers should be checked in device manager, not system32\drivers directory.

Comment

Working...
                        X