PDA

View Full Version : mounting my own created image

kicko
31.03.2005, 15:11
i am trying to mount mvp baseball 2005 safedisc 4, and i have it installed on my pc, i wanted to burn it off as an image and then try to mount it, is this possible? rather then have a normal dir. like it has to keep it as a iso on a disc or HD? when i tried it i says please insert correct disc, i had safedisc option selected in emultion, what is the easiest way to burn and mount this to play wiithout disc ?thanks

rendariaka
31.03.2005, 18:21
Wait wait wait, I dont understand. Are you trying to mount the image, or burn the image?

kicko
31.03.2005, 20:40
i have the game installed, i want to copy on to a disc as an iso and then mount it

rendariaka
01.04.2005, 00:47
Do you want to copy the game files or the game image?

kicko
01.04.2005, 02:35
not what your saying, but i have the game installed and play it with the disk, instead i want to know if i can copy the game from my harddrive on to a dvd, as an ISO so c:game ----> dvd:ISO then can i mount the image of the game i just burned

rendariaka
01.04.2005, 04:43
Well, I've never tried that, but I think that you cant do that with Daemon-Tools.

,jACkdA\W
01.04.2005, 14:40
Burn the image file onto a DVD and mount it from there? I just tried that once with SafeDisc, and it took forever to check and then say 'nope'. If the diskchek takes significantly more time than from HD, i'd say 'forget it'.

kicko
01.04.2005, 15:03
would the iso's work from the HD if i put both in the same dir? i need to apply a patch to it so i would have to do that 1st i'm guessing? or what if i make the 2 cd's bin files and mount from hd?? or try then from a dvd? i think the problem is i need the 2 cd's as bin/iso seperated on HD or DVD, to make them work, right? i can't just copy a valid game from its own dir and mount it . i think i just not sure what daemon is looking for when trying to run software, i understand it but i not enough i guess to make it work. :cry:

,jACkdA\W
02.04.2005, 18:14
i can't just copy a valid game from its own dir and mount it
Well, whaddaya think copy protection is for?

i think i just not sure what daemon is looking for when trying to run software, i understand it but i not enough i guess to make it work
yep, me think0ring so too. Since it's a CD-ROM emulator it needs an CD image file made by some app from your original disk. And that's all you need and that's all DT does and can do. Period.