• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a whim...

Operating System: 98SE/XP
    Burning Software: lots
    Anti-virus Software: AVir
    DAEMON Tools Version: 347

Well, it's not exactly a real problem, it's more of a 'beauty error' ('Schönheitsfehler' for german-speaking ilk). I know it's my fault - i did rename daemon.dll (and patched daemon.exe accordingly) - i do believe that's the source of that problem - i got this XPpro system on which i once updated, once reinstalled, and then once again reinstalled DT - always renamed the .dll after installation - and always forgot (NO! Do NOT ask to re-rename before updating/reinstalling... well i now got 3 (three!) 'PnP BIOS Extensions' on that system, first two would give exclamation marks if not deactivated (which works), i cannot remove them via hardware manager (this will hang the system completely and give no change on reboot), but since the third one is of the active installation, looks/acts normal, and DT is working flawless... well that's why it ain't a real problem, but i would appreciate any hints (nope, ain't a guru on things like that) how to remove those leftover 'PnP BIOS Extensions' if standard removal attempts (via Device Manager) just plain won't work(see above)?

1st learn your lesson:
    Don't play around with tools for adults :!: :mrgreen: :P
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

and prolly second tell me sumptin' i didn't learn to know already?

Comment

Working...
      X