Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP 64bit Support, not again :)

Operating System: Windows XP 64bit
    Burning Software: Windows XP x64 5.2.3790 SP1 Build 3790
    Anti-virus Software: Symantec AV
    DAEMON Tools Version: None, yet....

Dear Support,

A happy new era has begun for us computer nerds. Microsoft released a nice version of it's XP series and our processor is functioning at the max.
    So we think....
    Nice to know is that the only compatibility that the OS has is the OS itself.

Here I'm sitting, behind my desk, looking at all those Rar's which I can't extract as I normally did. Shell Integration isn't working as it should be. After a million extra clicks I finaly have all those ISOs prepared for mounting when my worst nightmare comes true. The Best application ever written isn't also working in this beautiful new OS. Why...........!!!!!! Why me!!!!!!! Why US!!!

Please my Daemon Masters, please let us have that great beta you are talking about. For about 4 days I wake up in a pool of old and fresh sweat. When will this nightmare be over. Give us some light for the terrible time we're waiting.

Fortunately I know a version is coming, I only want you to know that we almost can't wait and offcourse I don't want to install WinXP 32bit ever again in my life :lol:

Now some serious words, Thanks alot for building this wonderful application. Keep up the good work so Daemon Tools will never die.....

Surely your greatest fan,

Wushuwakkie :wink:

Operating System: Windows XP x64
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: McAfee 8i
    DAEMON Tools Version: None yet

The wait for x64 seemed forever, so a little longer for this class app wont harm :wink:

Comment

Daemon Tools x64

Operating System: Windows XP x64 Edition (NT 5.2.3790.1830) Final
      Burning Software: Ahead Nero Burning Rom 6.6.0.8a
      Anti-virus Software: Avast AV Professional 4.6
      DAEMON Tools Version: Waiting for a new

Yes x64 Windows Systems released... Now the final version out.. So a lot of people need a working DT x64...

There is only one image driver (filedisk) I can never use it! Not works!

Comment

I found a tool, Winimage, with the build-in Filedisk prog. All of a sudden filedisk works. Well, it works untill you need to change from disk image. Nice thing though, when I try to unmount I get an access denied error and without rebooting the system this image keeps mounted.

Some progs, games aren't very happy with this kind of programming.
        Maybe it works for you but I stick to the good old DT...

Still the one and only tool which is allways working isn't available and no estimation for releasing version 4.0 is given, or am I wrong?

I guess they're working there ass off for us so big thanks to the Masters!

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP x64 Edition Version 2003 Service Pack 1
          Burning Software: DVD Decrypter, Nero
          Anti-virus Software: Avast Antivirus 6.4
          DAEMON Tools Version: None - Thats why Im Bitching

Winimage didnt work for me. There was a beta sign up for a x64 compatible version of Daemon Tools which is now closed. I wish I could get my hands on that considering the fact that there are now 0 alternatives to me. So how about it Daemon Tools folks. Why not just post that as BETA software in your download section and let people download at thier own risk? I would rather have something that might not be 100% than nothing at all.

Comment

We don't do public beta testing, sorry.

Think about it this way: Copy protection developers do everything to keep us from being able to emulate their protections, probably including reverse engineering of Daemon Tools to see how we do it.

We don't want to see a freshly released final of Daemon Tools to be already useless against the newest copy protections just because they've had weeks to prepare for it due to the public beta testing.

Of course, this is only one of several reasons for our decision to do only internal beta testing. And ultimately, the decision has long been made and is not a matter of discussion anymore.
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Thanks for your reply. This response makes perfect sense. Hopefully once your product is released I will switch back to the x64 versions of Windows but I seriously cant even do anything without being able to mount image files. I went into this hopeing that someone else would fill the void but that Winimage was a joke.

Every program that I use other than Daemon tools is working on this new OS. (well every program that isnt sitting in an image file anyway)

I am looking forward to the release of your fine product that I guess I took for granted. Hopefully it will be out soon as from what I can see on the net there is a great deal of interest in these new iterations of windows and your product was always mentioned in any preview as one that most people cant live without.

At least MS didnt release this thing a year ago like they were supposed to.

Comment

Operating System: Windowns XP 64
                Burning Software: Nero
                Anti-virus Software: Avast
                DAEMON Tools Version: Heh right?

Well yes this is really sad.
                I have everything Nvidia, MOMO, Antivirus, Sound but a mounting tool now lol. So Basically I cant install anything argh.
                I already traded my Windows XP for XP64 in our Microsoft shop since its free if you own Win XP but now I'm abit stuck.

So I need urgent help here. Any idea of another moanting tool that works under windows 64? I really need it now and can not wait for DT64 anymore.

Any suggestions? the winimage thing doesnt seem to work but I heard there is one out there I just forgot the name.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Filedisk s#@*% I think works not
                  DT in progress
                  Alcohol will be released on 2006 - 2007
                  VirtualCloneDrive 5.1 not support x64, and cannot install!
                  (all of other SlySoft products support...)
                  Old nero image drive worked for mw on 1218, but now, not installed with nero!

Comment

Re: Windows XP 64bit Support, not again

Operating System: Windows XP x64 RTM
                    Burning Software: none
                    Anti-virus Software: Viruses are for idiots
                    DAEMON Tools Version: none

Originally Posted by "WushuWakkie
                    Please my Daemon Masters, please let us have that great beta you are talking about. For about 4 days I wake up in a pool of old and fresh sweat. When will this nightmare be over. Give us some light for the terrible time we're waiting.
                    In order to determine how frequently I should check back for updates, would the amount of time before the final x64 version release be best estimated in (circle one) days - weeks - months - years

I don't want to beta, I don't want to get a release date, I just want to know how frequently I should check back. :|

Comment

filedisk

Operating System: Windows x64
                      Burning Software: Nero 64 Compatiable
                      Anti-virus Software: Avast 64 Compatiable
                      DAEMON Tools Version: waitting for 4.0

i got filedisk working and it sucks completly i used the current daemon tools on win xp pro and it works 10 billion times better dont even bother with filedisk for those of you who are wondering....

Comment

Operating System: Windows x64 (fresh installation, no components installed)
                        Burning Software: none atm (does Nero work?)
                        Anti-virus Software: none atm (does Norton Antivirus 2005 work?)
                        DAEMON Tools Version: are you kidding me...

Hello,

found a way to use .iso/.bin files

1. locate .bin file (ommit this step if the file is .iso)

2. download bin2iso program (http://www.codeproject.com/tools/Bin2Iso.asp)
                        This proggie will turn any .bin file into .iso, which is good because...

3. ...You can extract .iso files with WinRar!!

4. So, extract the iso with winrar into a folder on your hard drive, thus having a copy of the cd that would be present on your virtual drive.

5. Run the setup/whatever you want to do from that folder.

Hope this helps some of us...

GO ON DEAMON TEAM, GIVE US THE X64 VERSION CMOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Comment

Well, it's not Daemon Tools' primary objective to mount .bin/.cue files because they won't work with copy protected images anyway. But for programs that don't need the original disc inserted, this method should work.

Originally Posted by InvisibleSurfer
                          GO ON DEAMON TEAM, GIVE US THE X64 VERSION CMOOOOOOOOOOOOON
                          Please don't do that, it's nothing but annoying anymore.

Comment

??? wtf are you talking about?

Comment

Daemon Tools is meant to mount CD images, i.e. pretend an actual CD-/DVD-ROM is inserted to an actual DVD-ROM-drive. It specializes in emulating copy protections, so even copy protected CDs will be recognized as originals.

Your proposed "solution" means the following: Take a .bin/.cue image - that already will be recognized by 95% of all copy protections as invalid -, strip it of all remaining copy protection-relevant data by converting it to .iso, then unpack it with WinRAR to run the setup from the hard disc drive.

That has nothing to do with Daemon Tools' purpose (see above).

Thus, your proposed solution does not even come close to a substitute for Daemon Tools and does not relate to this discussion at all.

"Well, it's not Daemon Tools' primary objective to mount .bin/.cue files because they won't work with copy protected images anyway. But for programs that don't need the original disc inserted, this method should work." That was just a more subtle way of sayiog "Your message is off topic, please stick to the discussion or open another thread".

And in case you were referring to the "Please don't do that, it's nothing but annoying anymore", we're getting questions about the release date of Daemon Tools v4 every day, and not just a few of them in a very demanding manner. It's going to be released when it's done, and that day will surely not come earlier if people keep pestering us, demanding the release of v4.

Hope it became clear what I'm talking about this time.

Comment

Working...
                              X