• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It actually thinks its hardware

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: MadDOg, nero
    Anti-virus Software: GIant
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.34

I just downloaded DAEMON tools and I install it and then a window pops up and says would you like to look for a update for this hardware, I put yes only this time. and it installs then i restart like it says to do. when windows logs back in anouther window pops up and says the hardware your installing might corrupt windows system i put continue anyways . the i mount a image in DAEMON tools and it sits there and does nothing i click the i con in my computers it says Hard ware not properly installed.

How can i override the crap and make dameon run and work. because Its sofware not hardware

Check in device manager what's going on - any yellow exclamation marks? Are there any drivers installed for the virtual devices? If not check related thread in common problems and solutions forum.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
      Burning Software: Nero Burning Rom 6.6.0.3
      Anti-virus Software: Norton AntiVirus 11.0.9.16
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I have a very similar problem.
      When I install Daemon Tools, a Windows pop-up uppears saying "found new hardware". I tried both "Cancel" and "Install" - the result is the same, the whole thing doesn't work.
      Although Daemon Tools claims installation succesful, when I restart, no virtual drive is available.
      Hardware device manager features a yellow question sign.
      Please advise.

Comment

What has yellow question mark? SCSI controller or the virtual device(s)?

Comment

The yellow question mark is at "Other devices". Stepping in, another yellow question mark at "Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device".

In the "Properties":

General:
          Device is working properly.

Driver:
          Unknown - not available

Comment

Try to install drivers, point to cdrom.inf (in hidden Windows\Inf folder).

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP SP1
              Burning Software: VERITAS RecordNow DX, Version 4.11 And Alcohol 120% recently.
              Anti-virus Software: Virus Scan Home Edition v.7.03.6000
              DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I'm kind of a neophyte in this area. Could you please walk me through this?
              I look in the WINDOWS folder, but i see no folder called Inf. What do I do?
              My problem is exactly the same as smac1980.

Comment

Copytrooper, you're the best!
                Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Working...
                X