• Show
Clear All

• Device still present after setting number of devices to disabled

Operating System: w2k SP4
    Burning Software: Nero 6
    Anti-virus Software: Antivir guard
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hi,

i already searched the forum for a similar post but most results were handling deinstallation problems and thats what i don't want to do. There is allways one device present, even if i disable all devices. If i set DT to one device, there are 2 showing up in the explorer. I'd simply like the additional device to disappear when setting the numbers of devices in DT.

thx

Fozzy

First of all ensure it's really a drive created by Daemon Tools.
    If so un-install Daemon Tools, check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers of previous installation(s), reboot after the procedure, then re-install v3.47.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thx....but there were no previous installations, i just set up a completely new system on a fresh partitioned HD. Uninstalling worked, all drives disappeared, but after reinstalling DT i have the same trouble again. It seems as per default 1 drive is enabled after rebooting....i allways get 2 of which one is not shown in the Virtual CD/DVD-ROM Tab of the DT tray. Disabling still leaves one drive present. I strongly guess its created by DT because its simply disappearing whenever DT are deinstalled. I've been using DT since 3 years now and appreciate it very much...however, i never had such trouble with them before.

Comment

Working...
      X