No announcement yet.

A bizarre seemingly unheard of problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bizarre seemingly unheard of problem.

Operating System: Win XP Pro SP1
    Burning Software: Nero Express 6; CD Burner XP Pro 3
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I've been using DT, and Alcohol 120% for a long time with 100% success, especially on virtual drive mounting for game installations. Last week I installed a new motherboard, and started clean with a full reformat.

My problem is this: I can mount CD images/cues, but no longer DVD images/cues. Any attempt at mounting a DVD causes the virtual drive (in both DT and Alc) to freeze up. Going into My Computer and even right clicking on the drive will freeze it, ctrl-alt-del required to get out of it. Attempting to mount a DVD will also change the name of the virtual drive from reading DVD Drive (G) to CD Drive (G). This was never a problem prior to the reformat, and I really don't see what is different. I've reformatted many a time and it's always worked fine.

Armies of Exigo 2CD installs perfectly using mount. Games tested that freeze: Swat 4, Act of War, Brothers in Arms, Driv3r. Note, these games were all installed and working smooth prior to the format.

Any ideas? Sorry if this has been posted or is common, I've scoured everywhere for it and can't find an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Re: A bizarre seemingly unheard of problem.

Operating System: XP Home SP2
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: AVG 7.0
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Maybe its the autorun; try to disable autorun on D-Tools drive letter..

PS: you managed to make "Act of War" work with D-Tools?

Originally Posted by Paradyme
    Armies of Exigo 2CD installs perfectly using mount. Games tested that freeze: Swat 4, Act of War, Brothers in Arms, Driv3r. Note, these games were all installed and working smooth prior to the format.

Any ideas? Sorry if this has been posted or is common, I've scoured everywhere for it and can't find an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks for the helpful reply. Based on your assumption and other posts read here and on the Alcohol boards, I played around with autorun and even installed CloneCD for a different way to toggle it. I ended up making totally new images, and now everything works fine, including Act of War.
      When it comes to Act of War, my girlfriend's brother made the image for it. I have no idea how, but I'll ask him.

Comment

Yep, i'm looking forward to it, thanks

Comment

Working...
        X