Windows doesn't seem to "see" my virtual drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows doesn't seem to "see" my virtual drive

Hi, I have Windows XP SP2 on my Dell 2400 computer. I installed Daemon Tools without any difficulty but when I mount an image in the virtual drive Windows says "it can't read the file. It might be corrupted or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows." I looked in the device manager and I don't have any yellow question marks. I checked that I have the three drivers that were mentioned in other posts, they are there. I hope you can help me figure out why the virtual drive doesn't appear to be working.

Does this happen with just one image file, or have you tried multiple image files? Perhaps your image is the problem here?

If you can, try to re-create the image with Alcohol 120% or similar program from the original CD.

Good Luck
    Supporter of Daemon Tools
    Clone.cd Moderator
    makeabackup.com Forum Moderator

Comment

Yes, it happens with any file. I have tried several different images... I recreated several fresh images. I even installed everything on my daughters computer and it works without any trouble on her computer, which was good for verifying that I was doing it correctly but bad in that it doesn't help me solve my problem with my computer.

Comment

Working...
      X