Act of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Act of War

Did anybody succeed in emulating the Act Of War DVD ?

The protection is Securom 5.03.13.0014 according to game Database;

Image made with latest Alcohol (1_9_5_2802) with DPM stuff fails : "emulation software detected, check securom.com to see how deep you're in :mrgreen: ", even if i do the regedit trick as for Warhammer 40k. (the same trick works for warhammer 40k, and used to work with HL2 when the DVD was needed).

thanks

Wow, was that a really dumb question, or nobody could backup this ?

Comment

Hey,

Have you given it a patch to 1.01 yet? Because as far as i know this ups the protection to SecuROM 7.
      Supporter of Daemon Tools
      Clone.cd Moderator
      makeabackup.com Forum Moderator

Comment

I think I've tried anything to make it run, without success, so far. DPM fails with alcohol, BW5 image doesn't run in Daemon Tools. I've even patched the DPM data from the BW image into the DPM-less alcohol image (which works with Snowblind, Constantine, ...) no go!
        Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

@Cyberwiz : No, the game was with the retail version; and anyway, securom 5.x or 7.x, is there any difference of treatment with Alcolhol & Daemon Tools ?

@congoman : thanks, i was thinking i was the only one on earth to have problems :mrgreen:
          My BlindWrite image does not work neither : "unable to mount" (the image is 5.17Gb, splitted on 2Gb files). I've put the DLL given by Venom386 and now the image mounts ok but windows is totally crazy when reading it : sometimes "disc failure", sometimes weird folders, etc.. The content seems to change at every boot..

They must have upgraded their blacklist algorithm in version 5.0x++ ..

Comment

Well it does not run for me.. I've patched to v1.04..
            Image done with Alcohol latest (1.9.5)
            - DT Drive name changed (no more "Generic DVD-Rom")
            - regedit trick 1 used (HKLM\Hardware\Scsi..)
            - regedit trick 2 used (HKLM\System\MountedDevices..)

Now the message is "Original CD Rom not found", no more "Conflict with emulation software detected".
            Maybe it comes from the MDS file, as i have an error with Alcohol while dumping the DVD :

####################### Dumping/Recording Progress Log #######################
            14:08:22 Mesure de précision DPM : Haut / 1.0X (1385 Ko/Sec)
            14:08:22 Veuillez patienter pendant l'analyse DPM.
            14:10:45 Il n'est pas possible d'obtenir des informations DPM correctes depuis ce disque en utilisant le périphérique actuel
            14:10:46 Йcriture du fichier image : D:\AOW.mdf
            ################################################## ############################
            tranlation of line @14:10:45: "unable to obtain correct DPM data using this peripheral" !
            It seems that my DVD drive cannot measure DPM data (SONY DVD RW DW-U14A).. I don't know why !

Comment

my img is made with blindwrite, works like a charm

Comment

mine was made with Alc. - and works like a charm, too. Obviously only
                if correct DPM data is determined

Comment

Impossible to create DPM data for ALCOHOL French version.

French ActOfWar DVD is a double layer so the image cannot be created with correct DPM by ALCOHOL.

That should explain that .

Olivier

Comment

Damn, first time of my life i'm not happy to be French :P
                    How do you know that Olivier ?

Comment

Damn, first time of my life i'm not happy to be French
                      I think it is european version not only the french
                      So know it's the first time you are not proud to be european

How do you know that Olivier ?
                      I have the pleasure to belong to ALCOHOL beta team and I also checked in several forum that nobody is able to create DPM data with ALCOHOL for ACTOFWAR double layer DVD .

Olivier
                      [/quote]

Comment

Working...
                      X