• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive names and iTunes problem - Disk Not Inserted

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero, iTunes,
    Anti-virus Software: McAfee
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I installed DT 3.47 and then mounted a game. It worked perfectly.

But after mucking about with that I dicovered that it had altered the profile of my external hard drive. Whereas before it was I: drive, now it is the K: drive.

I figured this was quite strange but that DT had hijacked the I: drive destination to use for its virtual CD Rom. Fair enough buuuut it thus means my entire iTunes library has the wrong file paths and I dunno how to fix this easily. However at the end of the day i can just reinster my MP3s and create a new library, problem solved. Any quick fixes would be appreciated though. And maybe a reason why it would change the drive names too.

My other problem is far more annoying. When i tried to use iTunes it not only ould not read the old file paths (of course) but every time i hit ANY command in iTunes, an alert pops up saying Windoss - No Disk, "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive." Then a choice of Cancel, Try Again or Continue.

The weird thing is that it then works and does whatever command i gave it but this popup is obviously driving me nuts cos it comes up EVERY command and i have to get rid of it.

I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing itunes, uninstalling DT 3.47, getting rid of the drivers (they seemed to uninstall fine anyway) and checking registry editor etc for DT 3.47 drivers etc. Basically i have searched through the forums for an fixes for my problems but found none that help at all.

Please help cos I have to use Itunes now as half my MP3s are converted to iTunes only. If this problem doesnt go away, epescially the pop-up thing, I may go crazy.

Last thing, the alert popup came up a couple of times when running Azureus but then stopped doing so. As far as i can tell it affects only iTunes.

Thanks

I don't know why exactly this happened. But drive letters are easily changed in Windows XP:

Right-click on My Computer and click on Manage. Then go to Drive Management, right-click on the right drive and click Change Drive Letter and Path.

Hope this helps!

Oh, and the menu names may be a little off, I'm using a german version of Windows XP so I'm only translating them on the fly.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

All i can say is that you are a legend and it all seems to work great now. Thanks very much for your help.

Good luck to you and your team, still cant believe you give out all this support to your users and your program is free!

Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
      X