• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't boot/BSODs (w/Minidump)

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33 (I think)

My computer won't boot normally, and on safe mode I get frequent BSODs.

I am sending out the minidump file to support@daemon-tools.cc with a link to this thread.

Did you press ESC to prevent loading of bus driver during boot into safe mode?
    And please try v3.47 before we waste time with analysing dumps of v3.33 crashes. :mrgreen:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Did you press ESC to prevent loading of bus driver during boot into safe mode?
      And please try v3.47 before we waste time with analysing dumps of v3.33 crashes. :mrgreen:
      Copytrooper, same effect whether or not I press ESC. I am, in fact, not sure if it's version 3.33 -- it was donwloaded off this website about a month ago, so it might be more current. Regardless, I can't uninstall it in safemode (at least via the control panel add/remove widget). Nor can I download/install a newer version, as I don't have a floppy drive and my network connection doesn't work in safemode.

It'd be immensely helpful if you could offer any practical advice.

Comment

Hm, then use your XP cd to boot into recovery console, select your XP installation, enter administrator password, go to windows\system32\drivers directory and delete Daemon Tools driver files (st3*.sys in older versions, d34xbus and d34xprt.sys in 3.4x versions - one month ago only v3.47 is possible).
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Hi. Turns out I was using 3.47 (since the files were d347bus/d347prt). I deleted both device driver files. I also delete the PnP BIOS Extension, tho it comes back after each reboot into safe mode. The system still will not load normally, and in safe mode it crashes on almost everything. I tried system restore, but it crashes on that, too. Could you look at the dump?

Thanks very much

Comment

Working...
          X