SecuRom 7 sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SecuRom 7 sucks

I've recently acquired Rockman X8 for PC, and when I tired to run it it said:

Wrong Disc Inserted
    Please insert the original "Capcom$RockmanX8$03/01.2005" CD/DVD

I scanned it and came up with:

[19:47:24 PM] SecuROM 7.00.00.0001 detected -> D:\Games\CAPCOM\ROCKMANX8\ROCKMANX8\ROCKMANX8.exe
    [19:47:24 PM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [2.67s] ---

I have tried all the blacklist things on these forums, but nothing has worked.

Help me please.

Hi LordDave,

is this the original disc you are running?
    Supporter of Daemon Tools
    Clone.cd Moderator
    makeabackup.com Forum Moderator

Comment

No, an emulated copy

Comment

Right. Did you create the image with Alcohol 120%? AFAIK this would be the easiest program for a task like this.
        Supporter of Daemon Tools
        Clone.cd Moderator
        makeabackup.com Forum Moderator

Comment

Yes I did

Comment

just got stronghold 2 today, securom 7 detected, tried latest blindwrite as well as alcohol, none worked, reason: it won't run anything that is NOT a PHYSICAL CD DRIVE, that is, it will rule out DVD drive if a CD drive exists.

Comment

...from CD Club Freaks Forum...

You can make a working Copy With NEWEST: Blindwrite and of Course...TATA
              Alcohol 120% V1.9.5.xxx, now you can make a DPM/RMPS on DVD'S !!!!!
              Put the images in Daemon Tools and it will run.

To get passed the "emulator detected" crap, open up your registry, go to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices]

right click it, deny Administrator read access, this disables Blacklisting of Securom V7.

This is how i did it, and it runs and runs and runs....

Diranar

P.S Anyone can confirm this ?

Also Project Snowblind seems to have Securom 7...

Comment

yes, we CAN confirm it. It's also necessary to change the name of the
                drives (don't use default name "Generic DVD-ROM, AXV CD/DVD-ROM")
                and it should run fine even with last DT version

As usual, I must mention that every (and especially system-related) changes / manipulations in registry is risky - it works, but it can also
                wreck the registry or in this case the MountManager. As usual: don't
                blame us, if something went wrong

This securom version use cheap method to detect / run only from ATAPI
                drives and "dirty" other tricks. I must say, from our point of view,
                SafeDisc is MUCH more fair. It try to prevent 1:1 copys but let you
                run your originals from Image. THIS is customer care. Pirates use
                warez-versions anyway

Comment

you need to deny read permissions on the scsi port if you have the default d347prt too

Comment

indeed, I will maybe make a good overview about current possibilities
                    and write them in "Common problems and solutions" forum

Comment

Now this might sound a bit stupid, but how do I change my drives name?

Comment

Right-click on your DT Icon in the taskbar, choose Virtual CD/DVD-Rom-> Device 0 -> Set Device Parameters
                        and change the "Vendor", "Model" and "Revision" fields
                        i guess..

Comment

Here's another stupid question, how do you disable read permissions on the scsi port?

Comment

It doesn't work. *cries*

Comment

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 4
                              Disabling read access to system and administrator worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X