• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT installs and then uninstalls itself, leaving all drivers

Operating System: Windows XP sp1a
    Burning Software: CDBurnerXP Pro
    Anti-virus Software: Sophos Sweep
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I've tried to install DT several times now. Everytime I install it goes all the way through the installation, installs the drivers and files, puts the shortcut on the desktop. Then it undoes the installation, except for the drivers which is leaves there. I've just reinstalled windows, but have had DT installed fine on the same machine with the same OS before.

When trying to reinstall DT I've deleted all the drivers as per the instructions in the 'How to uninstall DaemonTools drivers' thread in the common problems section.

Any one able to help?

System specs:
    MSI K7N2 ILSR (nForce2)
    nVidia FX5200
    1gb of Crucial RAM
    Pioneer DVR-MCC
    80gb SATA drive (Seagate) & 120gb IDE hdd (Hitachi)

What error message to you get (incl. complete error code)?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Sorry, should have specified that. I don't get any error message. None at all. The installer thinks it has done a installation and prompts me to reboot. I reboot to a system with all the Daemontools drivers installed, but no program directory in my program files directory. My windows installation is on D: not C:, but I can't see that being a problem?

About half way through the installation the desktop shortcut appears and then near the end it disappears.

Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Please do a logged installation and send the daemon.log to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X