• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh, i just want to install it

Operating System: XP
    Burning Software: none at the mom
    Anti-virus Software: none at the mom
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hey, i've been using d-toolz for quite a while now. one month ago, my processor crashed, i bought a new system, and now d-toolz doesn't work anymore.
    i needed a file from an image, so i wanted to install it, when the install was almost done my pc rebooted, i tryed that a few times. after the reboot daemon tools didn't work.
    then i deinstalled it and installed isobuster, isobuster couldn't extract the files, so i deinstalled it.
    yesterday i tryed d-toolz again, and this time, befor the real installation, it shows up "Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file or system in service, please choose other driver names or make sure you have rebooted after removal of software using same names."
    well, i guess this is some left garbage of the last d-toolz installation.
    i also recognized that u have one additional cd drive in the explorer...
    so, what to do?

Check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to such crash, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Also check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum. Reboot after the procedure, but do NOT re-install before we checked your minidump(s).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

how to check if the minidum files are a problem? i just cut/pasted them out of the minidump folder, but it still didn't work...

Comment

You should send them for analysis, not remove them.

Comment

ok, check your inbox

Comment

You've well known problem with Starforce drivers, check thread about BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS in common problems and solutions forum.

Comment

Maybe that would to the trick if i wanted to install it a few weeks ago, but now i've got the one virtual cd drive in the explorer and it still stops before installing, even after running sfdrvrem.exe + reboot...

Comment

After removal of Starforce drivers you still need to check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum in order to install. Don't forget to reboot after the procedure before new installation.

Comment

oh, i love you

Comment

Working...
                  X